Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

A/c Problem Help Please...

Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c Problem Help Please...

I have a 94 honda accord and the a/c is not working...I took it to the shop and one shop wanted to charge me $500, while the second shop was charing $300 to have it fixed..They told me the problem is only minor..it was leaking in the pipes..but I patched up the leaking pipe..so it no longer leaks..but freaon is still full...they told me i only had to change my dryer out......Does anybody know how a A/C dryer works....I want to understand an A/c dryers function..does it circulat the freon to the vents??? and would you think I can possible do something like this myself....I would need to bleed the freon but how do i do that??anybody have a clue...please let me know.....it would be a great help...
Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by nikee_yangsta
I have a 94 honda accord and the a/c is not working...I took it to the shop and one shop wanted to charge me $500, while the second shop was charing $300 to have it fixed..They told me the problem is only minor..it was leaking in the pipes..but I patched up the leaking pipe..so it no longer leaks..but freaon is still full...they told me i only had to change my dryer out......Does anybody know how a A/C dryer works....I want to understand an A/c dryers function..does it circulat the freon to the vents??? and would you think I can possible do something like this myself....I would need to bleed the freon but how do i do that??anybody have a clue...please let me know.....it would be a great help...
Hey man, If you can bring it by my house in temple terrace i will check it out. Im ase and honda factory certified. We can work out something for much less. As far as your question, the drier has 2 functions. One is it collects and stores moisture and also liquid freon as it passes through the system.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Bobster, clear your messages, so I can pm you.-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 07-17-2006, 10:14 AM

okay..that sounds great bobster...you gotta number I can call to get directions...and who is this senior honda guy...why is he telling you to clear your post....just a word of thought...I only take my cars to people I can trust...and people who dont ripp me off....and ive dealt with a lot of other people who try to get so much money out of you and think you know nothing...please....be good friend....and ill sure reffer more people to you and new customers...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:36 AM
save the s.o.h.c

it probally would be a good idea for you to change the drier however if the drier wasnt left open to the atmosphere you could get by. if you want i can replace that drier for you lmk you can bring it by the shop whenever after 630pm lmk
Old 07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
save the s.o.h.c

i can also have that hose fixed "THE RIGHT WAY" if it wasnt fixed properly lmk
Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 AM

sounds kool dippin crx...now do you also own a shop...where about....im in clearwater area.....if things turn out good with this car...i may have other cars for you to check out for some more business....but I have to say...the best deal i get ...and the most trustworthy auto machanic will get my service ..if things turn out good..ill make sure you ll get service from people I know...thats just how I like to work....but yeah....gotta number I can calll...Let me know...thanks...
Old 07-17-2006, 12:51 PM

box is cleared...
Old 07-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Banned

if you havent made arragements yet, i would be happy to check it out. address and # in sig