Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Friend bought a CRX, need some help.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend bought a CRX, need some help.

My friend bought an 1989 Honda CRX with a ZC motor swap. I have never heard of this motor. The guy he bought it from said he got it from japan. Problem is, the motor doesn't look too good. The plugs and wires had oil on them and the damn air fuel ratio meter the retards that owned it put in is showing full rich. The plugs were entirely black on the electrode, it is bad. I'm thinking he's gonna need a rebuild soon because the guys he bought it from said they raced it alot in Tampa.

Wanna know how I know they are retards? The car is bright green.....it was painted with friggin house paint. Also the tires hit the fenders. They took out a lot of crap. The tires are on some Momo wheels, but I don't know what kind. I think the tires were 190 60 R15.

I want to know what I could do to help him and how I can get the A/F back in the good range because it is WAAAY too rich. I would also like to know about the ZC it has in it. Maybe you guys have seen this car, it has a wings west (I think) kit on it and it is all dented and scratched up. Today I helped him take the fenders off and fixed some of the dents but it was pretty bad.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I've searched around but can't find any useful information.

This is the car if you would like to see it.

Last edited by neyawn; 06-13-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Rockin' 4 more Cylinders

wow

_Jake D
Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cold_Beer
wow
That...um...doesn't sound too good.