Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

New Probleam

Old 04-28-2006, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Probleam

aiight so yeah my car was fixed from da night water got sucked in2 my enigne so wat else is wron well the catalyst is fucked up i guess the bank is low some shytt like dat...how much u guys think its gona cost to fix???

(2000 honda civic ex)
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 AM

The origin of Ubonics dates to a couple of centuries ago and was intended as a code language so slaves could communicate with one another without the risk of being heard/understood by whites. While adopted by segments of popular culture today as a means to differentiate oneself from others (plain English speakers) or just to be cool, I don't think anyone here should feel the need to express themselves this way other than the occasional slang used for literary flavor, in which case it can be entertaining and humorous.

You are seeking answers to technical problems with cars. Those questions, like the answers you will find in your Helms manual, are best written in English sans the slang.
Unless you are more concerned with putting on a performance for us here than solving a problem, you may want to consider in the future avoiding the overuse of what rapidly is becoming a caricature for those in import tuning.

I have to hear other segments of car tuning and building continually make fun of Japanese import tuners as idiot kid-ricers who are all show and no go. BS Ubonics lingo is the linguistic equivalent of tacking a giant coffee can on the end of your exhaust and an airplane wing on the trunk. The guy who does it, somehow actually thinks it is cool.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Hide your daughters

Originally Posted by n0re
aiight so yeah my car was fixed from da night water got sucked in2 my enigne so wat else is wron well the catalyst is fucked up i guess the bank is low some shytt like dat...how much u guys think its gona cost to fix???

(2000 honda civic ex)

I got a headache after reading this...

By catalyst you mean catalytic converter, right? Just buy a high flow cat on eBay for around $50.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
SAVE THE SOHC!

lol me confused
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #166

Old 04-28-2006, 09:27 AM
tranny breaker

Originally Posted by civicized
The origin of Ubonics dates to a couple of centuries ago and was intended as a code language so slaves could communicate with one another without the risk of being heard/understood by whites. While adopted by segments of popular culture today as a means to differentiate oneself from others (plain English speakers) or just to be cool, I don't think anyone here should feel the need to express themselves this way other than the occasional slang used for literary flavor, in which case it can be entertaining and humorous.

You are seeking answers to technical problems with cars. Those questions, like the answers you will find in your Helms manual, are best written in English sans the slang.
Unless you are more concerned with putting on a performance for us here than solving a problem, you may want to consider in the future avoiding the overuse of what rapidly is becoming a caricature for those in import tuning.

I have to hear other segments of car tuning and building continually make fun of Japanese import tuners as idiot kid-ricers who are all show and no go. BS Ubonics lingo is the linguistic equivalent of tacking a giant coffee can on the end of your exhaust and an airplane wing on the trunk. The guy who does it, somehow actually thinks it is cool.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:29 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

...wtf did he just say?!?!?!

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 04-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Banned