Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Supercharger for D17A2?

Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 PM
The Silver Pullit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Supercharger for D17A2?

Do they make a supercharger kit for a 2003 civic with the D17A2?
I know that you think I'm on crack but, I want to try and supercharge this thing anyway. Help if you can thanx.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Vortech doesn't

Jackson Racing makes one for the 02 - 05 Civic Si

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Chavez Motorsports

Supercharged cars are slow!!!!

The reason CMS fabrication is closed!! Click me!

11.965 @ 114 Supercharged Teg...RIP
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Obama made me Republican

Originally Posted by Punkinterviews
Supercharged cars are slow!!!!

+ 1 billion, turbo is always better. especially for your little 4 cyl sohc. it provides much more power. remember supercharging requires you to have a certain amount of hp so that you can make a certain amount of power. a small enough turbo with a fmic can provide you with more boost and more power than any supercharger will, especially for your 4 cylinder 125 hp engine. also a turbo lends the option to "turn up" or "turn down" the boost. try that on a supercharger? never. also the lag comparison between both boost methods is different as well.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Chavez Motorsports

Originally Posted by lifeisviewtiful
+ 1 billion, turbo is always better. especially for your little 4 cyl sohc. it provides much more power. remember supercharging requires you to have a certain amount of hp so that you can make a certain amount of power. a small enough turbo with a fmic can provide you with more boost and more power than any supercharger will, especially for your 4 cylinder 125 hp engine. also a turbo lends the option to "turn up" or "turn down" the boost. try that on a supercharger? never. also the lag comparison between both boost methods is different as well.
You my friend are a RETARD! PLEASE bring one of your turbo cars to run my "Stock LS". Both do have thier ups and downs. We build turbo cars all day long at the shop. But personally I drive a supercharged car.

Just incase no one caught this I WAS JOKING!!!

Kris

Old 11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Obama made me Republican

Originally Posted by Punkinterviews
You my friend are a RETARD! PLEASE bring one of your turbo cars to run my "Stock LS". Both do have thier ups and downs. We build turbo cars all day long at the shop. But personally I drive a supercharged car.

Just incase no one caught this I WAS JOKING!!!

Kris

had me a little worried for a second there. just message to the thread starter......do some searches on google. all the supercharged civic stories i've heard have never been good. especially with the jackson racing supercharger. the stories always have these phrases in it, no joke "i wish i just went turbo" "my car is much slower than turbo civics" "had much higher expectations"
Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Chavez Motorsports

Honestly man, it's all about the time money and effort put into a car. We have alot of all of it into the Integra. Keep in mind this isn't a gutted car. I run a fully loaded integra with all options in tact. The car ran a 12.319 @ 93.46 breaking a belt down the track and shutting the car down after the 1000' mark. I know the car has 11's in it as many can attest too. O'well, hopefully I'll have video to prove to everyone not all SC'd cars are slow

Old 11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Obama made me Republican

true, sounds like a quick litle mutha. good luck on makin it even faster.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Chavez Motorsports

Sorry man, I shouldn't have been so harsh on you. Your first post is 100% right (Except for the +1 billion ) There are pro's and cons to both set ups. Having a SC'd 4 cylinder is like driving a V8 it ALWAYS has all of it power under your right foot, no spool time, just gas and go! However, a turbo will flow more CFM yielding more power than the supercharger. The SC makes for a fun, quick power daily driver. The turbo makes for a meaner, more aggressive power band and has a slight spool time (depending on turbo sizing). But this is like beating a dead horse. So, if they make a SC for it, go for it!

Kris

Old 11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Chavez Motorsports