Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

2006 civic si

Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 civic si

2006 Honda Civic Si
Anyone thinking of buying this? I was just looking at it, at the Honda website, and it looks pretty nice. Stock with 197hp dohc i-VTEC, and 6 speed tranny... the interior looks very nice as well (from the guages to the seats)

I'm looking into it, supposedly it will be available early December... maybe if I can get a loan out, I can get this car (opposed to my 95 ex)

What do you think?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:37 AM

before I was done with my CRX I looked into makin a down on it but now I have my car running.... plus I'd like to wait n' see if another CRX or Prelude really will come out later~ the SI is pretty nice as well.... just interested in checkin out those other two first

Old 10-27-2005, 02:58 PM
DD.
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definately a sweet ride...along with some power. go for it...G/L on your decesion.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 AM
TRU RICE

im getting one for sure

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......
Old 11-01-2005, 08:17 AM
El Mas turboso

The drop in performance 197 as opposed to 200 plus is due to the new rating system on all cars from 2006 an on. You will see a bunch of manufaturers models, same as last year, now have a lower output, but this output is more realistic.

I'm sure it will react to mods just like the RSX Type-s, but it is a heavy car. I just think there's better choices out there for the price, unless you are a hardcore honda fanatic, then there's nothing else.

2002 Subaru WRX
1988 Honda Civic Hatch
Old 11-01-2005, 12:32 PM

The new Si would make a excellent daily driver. Not something i would want to ring around a roadcourse though (HEAVY for a FWD car). How what have they done to it to make it so heavy i wonder ? A DVD/Navigation surely can't weigh that much (maybe honda made a mistake when they released that bit of information ? ). If it weighed in atleast 200-300 lbs less it would be much better suited for performance , i'll drive one before making any final impressions though.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Temple of Vtec did a nice write up on the one they got to test out.

I drove the EX model up at Bradenton Honda and for the $$$, not a bad deal. Ride is comfortable, seats are nice, torque wasn't horrible, and the suspension when put into a heavy turn held nicely but the only thing was when I slammed from first to second, there was a hesitation.

Will this happen in the Si but I hope not.

Also the header is cast into the block. So ummmm upgrading your header, not an option.

I think for the $$$ they will hit thier market that they have went away from for so long.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production