Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

crx owners (water Leak)

Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 AM
"The Hand"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx owners (water Leak)

I have a water leak coming in the rear hatch but i cant find where it is coming from. the water comes down and leaks in on the passenger side where the shock that holds the hatch up. it is coming down from somewhere by the hinges or that area. i know it is not the hinge itself because i have pulled the hatch and sealed them up with marine silicone, but the water is still leaking in.

Help this is getting to be one of those problems where i am going to go bald from ripping out my hair tryin to figure where it is coming from.

Any suggestions would be helpful that relate to this problem.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:57 AM

check to see if it is coming from taillight seal.most of the time that where we find it leaking from.....
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
im a ricer!!

water drips down, if it was the tail light seal, then it wouldnt be by the shocks.

i have the same problem, is yours an si, with sunroof?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:02 AM
You boys like Mexico!!!

Hmm..when owning my crx it never leaked but have u checked the weather stripping...it may be old and weak and leak right on into the hatch

22" Nothing less
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM
im a ricer!!

well, ive heard that it mainly the sunroof
Old 08-26-2005, 10:33 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

my old crx I gave in on the fight and just drilled a hole in the back where the spare tire was and just let it drain out. standing water isnt good causes rust
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
im a ricer!!

yep i did that to, but still, i hate seeing it drip when im driving, or when its parkd, and it rains, its real moist in the morning. i hate that. how do we fix that?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:53 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

dunno even though my battery was relocated to the back I never worried about it. I tried everything wouldnt seal it and I got tired of it so i just gave up. let me know if you think of anything
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 08-26-2005, 12:09 PM
im a ricer!!

my battery is in the back too. i think it gets in under the sunroof and back to the hatch.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:24 PM

its not the sun roof.....i have had two without the sunroof and they both leak in that same spot......right where shocks are onto the speaker grills....lmk if you figure it out..