Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Help me get to track day? Need a intake manifold Gasket. W/ a tech Spin.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Boom Chackalacka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me get to track day? Need a intake manifold Gasket. W/ a tech Spin.

I need a gasket for a 99-00 Civic EX. Edelbrock gasket part #15005 will work too. If I get this by 2-3 PM I can MAYBE make it tomorrow. (813) 205-3456.

Not all Y8 intake manifolds are created equal.

This is the OEM gasket for a 96 EX d16y8. You can see it leaves the air injectors uncovered and ready to suck like a whore!

This gasket (unknown) covers the injector ports and the spot where the nipple goes. I'm sure I will have to install a nipple on the blue port and cover it.

Last edited by pheobo; 04-29-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Shaved Accord

i sell phenolic heatshield intake mani gaskets but all i have at my place right now are GSR gaskets. i could get you one for $35 shipped but it won't be here until monday.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Boom Chackalacka

I've got one on order that will be here on Monday.
I ordered one online yesterday that was supposed to be here by 10 AM
If you had one today I would go get it. Thanks for the offer.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Shaved Accord

Just for future reference, if you ever need a intake mani gasket let me know. They put the same specs down as the Hondata ones, but I sell them for $35 shipped through the shop I work for in Dayton.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...d.php?t=210739

Good luck finding one though.. someones got to have one laying around somewhere.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Boom Chackalacka

Wish I had seem it before. I would have ordered yesterday.

Anyone got one laying around?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Chavez Motorsports

Not to knock Rebel, but Daniel....think about what plastic does when it heats and cools many many times? Also, the Hondata ones are known to leak coolant bad, I'm sure these are the same basic design.

If you want an answer to my question above, go buy a soda and put the cap of it on your exhaust manifold

The reason CMS fabrication is closed!! Click me!

11.965 @ 114 Supercharged Teg...RIP
Old 04-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Retired Ricer...

The mating surfaces dont get nearly hot enough to melt these gaskets... I personally run the ProFab intake mani. gasket from Camp 1320 (same as Hondata) and it works great... I have not had any problems or complaints... No leaks or anything... I like it, and I would reccomend it, as it does exactly what its suppose to... Lowers Intake Air Temps....

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Shaved Accord

Originally Posted by InsaneCivicSedan
The mating surfaces dont get nearly hot enough to melt these gaskets... I personally run the ProFab intake mani. gasket from Camp 1320 (same as Hondata) and it works great... I have not had any problems or complaints... No leaks or anything... I like it, and I would reccomend it, as it does exactly what its suppose to... Lowers Intake Air Temps....
Thats right. There is no way to possibly heat up the intake manifold or head to a tempature to melt the phenolic material. Thats why we use the phenolic and not some cheap ass plastic. 2 years ago when we were just beginning to make them, they still didnt melt and Matt has had the SAME gasket on his car for 2 years and no problems. No leaks.. and if you do have ANY problems with one of the gaskets you buy from me, I will gladly refund your money.

I have some at my apartment if someone would like to check them out in person and test the fitment, they are perfect fit.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Shaved Accord

and maybe one of the mods could sticky the thread I have for the mani's since so many people do swaps and it would be easy to replace it when doing the swap, and for $35 compared to Hondata's price.. thats a good idea.

The more I can sell at one time, the cheaper I can get them from the press machine in Ohio too. So if one of you mods can sticky it, I'll use some of the money from the gasket to contribute to TR.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Boom Chackalacka

I don't think this thread should be stickied. Perhaps if you wrote up a technical comparison between the material and stated you have X... but this thread was about getting me to track day, and while I appreciate your help and input, it was something completely different that is keeping me from taking the civic.

I did get it running using a contraption of devides, but found that whoever wired in the injectors had an intermitant short in #4... At least we found it and I think I've got it fixed. I might try to tune tomorrow morning if I've got the enegery.

P.S. I'm all for learning about gasket and materials... hell, I might even want to support anyone who contributed a write up.

Thanks again,

Quick Reply: Help me get to track day? Need a intake manifold Gasket. W/ a tech Spin.