Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

where to find any info on motor

Old 02-13-2005, 05:39 AM
SAVE THE SOHC's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to find any info on motor

does anone know where i can find out info on my d15b1? i know the motor sucks but its what i have in my '91 htach and i dont have the money for a swap so i have to make due with what i have... i just want to find out some info on what i can do to it and what will give me more power... thanks a lot
-Josh
Originally Posted by geoff
either way he still stomped my ass
ummm you own a civic...get used to it!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm Awesome

...don't waste money on that motor, save up 200 bucks and get a d16 with vtec...or try to do a mini me swap...if your broke

-John
Aim: le lead
Cell: (813)843-8523
Old 02-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Pleasure the do me

+128.5
Old 02-13-2005, 06:39 PM
SAVE THE SOHC's

where the heck do you find a d16 with a vtec head for $200?!!!! is that about how much they'll sell it at a junk yard? if so thats the first place im goin to tomorrow... oh and i have no knowledge on engine swaps and i dont want to mess it up so does anyone know of a shop/ group of people in western ohio/ eastern indiana that can help me do it? if not then do you guys think that the local honda dealership would do it for me? or would they charge me out the butt to do it? thanks a lot for the help guys... if i can find a d16 for under $400 then its mine =)
-Josh
Old 02-13-2005, 07:36 PM

You can find single cams VTEC motors for 350 all day, I got a Y8 for that preice with 76 on it. You can get a head for around 150, but remember there is more to mini-me swap than just a head. If you are going to go that route research a good amount before you do it. I would change the pistions on the D15 while I had the head off and the motor pulled. but dont waste your money on a d15 basic bolt on and spray and you will still be slow as balls.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 PM

get a JDM D15B http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30019 it is what i'am running (in a EG hatch though) and i'am very happy with it .... just get a hold of a si transmission though ,... really though OBD-0 B16 swaps are so cheap ... i don't see why someone with a EF wouldn't go that route. Even I'am planning on going the Bseries route (someday) when i get the financial means.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
i like the blue ones

Originally Posted by EludeR
hmotors kicks ass

Originally Posted by EludeR
really though OBD-0 B16 swaps are so cheap ... i don't see why someone with a EF wouldn't go that route.
EF's have to buy a mount kit, make or buy shift linkage, and do the wiring. too much BS. If you want a fast car, save your money and buy 60-1EK's hatch .If you want a daily driver that's o0ok and less of a headache to install, SOHC w/bolt-ons (VTEC is optional, you don't need it).
Old 02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
SAVE THE SOHC's

i want to go the d16 seriees route b/c i have VERY little money and add a g/f on top of that and i have even less... lmao... seriously though its the best choice for me right now... what d16 VTEC motors are there? and what are the prices, availability, power, ease of install, and potential of each? is there a site i can go to to find these answers out? thanks a lot for your guys' help... i REALLY need more than 80 hp... this is pathetic
-Josh
Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM
i like the blue ones

Originally Posted by N1_STYLEz
i want to go the d16 seriees route b/c i have VERY little money and add a g/f on top of that and i have even less

what d16 VTEC motors are there? and what are the prices, availability, power, ease of install, and potential of each?
d15b ~$500, in stock, 130 hp, fun, depends on build
d16z6 ~$350, junkyard/TR, 125 hp, same, same
d16y8 ~$400, junkyard/TR, 128 hp, a little easier, same

all can be very slow in your car or very fast, it is up to you...bserieskllr(sp?) has a z6 in his crx hf w/boltons...low 14's. chi-town brat is a one cammer also. dun know her times/setup but i believe it is/was a y8. there's a few more on here, i just know them from the d-series forum.
is there a site i can go to to find these answers out?
old ref. site http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/
i REALLY need more than 80 hp... this is pathetic

you'd almost be better off buying the d15b from hmotors. their engines are usually CLEAN and *haven't* been abused. any SOHC VTEC around here...i would put my money on it having a history almost as rough as it's idle.
Also think about the tranny...yours sucks. The Si is optimum for your year car. I have a spare laying around as well as a spare ZC transmission with int. shaft and brand new axles.

Last edited by Hybrid_eg; 02-14-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid_eg

d15b ~$500, in stock, 130 hp, fun, depends on build
d16z6 ~$350, junkyard/TR, 125 hp, same, same
d16y8 ~$400, junkyard/TR, 128 hp, a little easier, same

all can be very slow in your car or very fast, it is up to you...bserieskllr(sp?) has a z6 in his crx hf w/boltons...low 14's. chi-town brat is a one cammer also. dun know her times/setup but i believe it is/was a y8. there's a few more on here, i just know them from the d-series forum.

old ref. site http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/

you'd almost be better off buying the d15b from hmotors. their engines are usually CLEAN and *haven't* been abused. any SOHC VTEC around here...i would put my money on it having a history almost as rough as it's idle.
Also think about the tranny...yours sucks. The Si is optimum for your year car. I have a spare laying around as well as a spare ZC transmission with int. shaft and brand new axles.
i agree , my d15 from hmotors was/is extremly clean... you can eat off the valvetrain... if i deciede to go Bseries and deciede to go through the agony of another swap ... it is definetely going to be a B16 from hmotors.

Quick Reply: where to find any info on motor