Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Anyone know how to install an shift-light properly?help me out.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:18 PM
USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by IAN
i guess it depends on what brand of tach you get. mine has four wires(positive-red, negative-black, sender-green, then a white wire for the lights for the tach then two small wires that the instructions say you got to cut one if its a four cylinder. the small wires are brown and blue i think cut both for a v-8 brown for a six and the blue for a four. my tach is a autometer 5" monster tach phantom series with shift light.
i know what you are saying, but this kid bought only the shift light, not the tach. you know you can buy a shift light without a tach right? if you buy the autometer shift light without a tach, it only has three wires. thats what i have, because a big ass tach looks too ricey for me, so i only have the shift light. i just use the stock tach in the dash and i have a shift light mounted on the steering column. we are not talking about a tach and shift light combo, only a shift light.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Cool Runnings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i guess looking over his post he did say a pro-shift light.

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05