Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

H22 hatch questions!!

Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Is now ballin!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 hatch questions!!

k, its in an EG hatch.. how durable are axles in these things, if they arent slammed to the ground, do axles still go out frequently even if u dont beat the hell outta the car everywhere?

another question is, is there any room in that beast for an a/c compressor? i know the condensor, fan, lines, and stuff would fit but would i be able to get a compressor in it, if so, id really appreciate some more info on that..

another thing, is i think the car needs shifter cables, are they hard to put in, and what are the symptoms of bad shifter cables?

thats about it, thanks guys..
-Jason

RIP Kevin (Slo_Si) Gonzalez - 09/13/2006
Old 07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
proud father ;D

go with driveshaftshop.com axles. expensive, but worth the money. I've had 0 problems with mine.

There is plenty of room for A/C, you'll need the HCP a/c bracket mount. It allows you to mount your stock D-series compressor to the H22. You will also need to purchase a slim 10" fan and place it on the front of the condensor.

And shifter cables are easy. Place the motor in the car before you run the cables, this way you know they are set and will not bind. then just cut a 3x4" hole directly below the redio for the cables to feed in and you just notch out the area below the shifter and you're set.

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD
Old 07-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Is now ballin!

damn, all of that sounds like a paint in my ass... LOL, im gonna hit u up on AIM mike.. what is it again, jdm mike 02?

Old 07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
GY-16P

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...hreadid=169100

Frankies having a problem and is is pretty low might want to consider leaving it around or near stock
Old 07-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

im lifting it up when i put the new axle in it today. Damn thing 2nd axle in 1 week!!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Is now ballin!

lol.. frankies car is the one im talking about.. adams old car, i should be getting it soon if all works out!

Old 07-23-2004, 03:09 PM
proud father ;D

You wouldn't want oe springs up front and stiffer springs in the rear. Progress makes springs made for an h22 equipped EG/EK. They run around $150. Or you could always opt for ground controls with custom rates. Just try to keep the axles somewhat level... lower the pearch a little and check to see the angle of the axle, jack back up and raise/lower depending on the angle.. if this seems like too much work, purchase the Progress springs. Make sure to upgrade the struts as well as the oe civic struts were never intended for that much weight up front..

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD
Old 07-24-2004, 05:33 AM
KJ
bored at work

You will have alot less axle problems if you went with the driveshaftshop or some other custom axles for that swap.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:06 PM
i like the blue ones

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=933963

something to look into? i know bisi (the drag racer that was formerly all motor 1.5L SOHC) made this same thing a while ago but it was setup to work with d series transmissions. last i heard, he was using it in his new F22 powered all motor crx with a hybrid L3 tranny. this kid sells everything you need to go with it, but if you're already b series, you won't have to spend so much.