Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

All 4 spark plugs soaked in oil...why?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All 4 spark plugs soaked in oil...why?

Last week put a Comtech 1mm headgasket and arp headstud kit on my car..gettin ready for turbo. Finally got car runnin Fri night and it ran like shit, took forever to crank and when it finally did ran real rich..black and white smoke coming out the exhuast pipe. Took it around the block cuz all i was doin was heating the studs up so i can retorque them down when they cool....when car cranked it was idoling at 1100 cold...600 warm..usually when its cold it will idol at 2100...car would go past 2700.would bog down so hard and had no power when i got on it..so today i took everything apart to retorque studs and when i took plugs out to for timing...all four were covered in oil...soaked dripping..so i stopped cuz i was mad so..i have no idea what the problem is...Id appriciate any help if you know.....
Thank you
-Rob-
Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 PM
get big or die trying!!

the rubber gromets beow the valve cover are bad hopefully if not you rings or valve seals are bad. take the valve cover off and check the ruber gromets first, then a compression test. just reread it, white smoke is oil being burned. so i doubt it's the gromet but better hope so.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
S1's MUSCLE RELAXER

same thing happened to me with my ls motor but it was when i put a newer ls valve cover on there. there were no seals for the spark plugs. once i did that it was perfectly fine
Old 07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
engine building &best

you 100% sure you Tq those arp nuts down right remeber thay are not the same Tq as oem bolts thay are more do them in the right order maybe a bend in the gasket i would take the head off and check again if it is that bad

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:37 PM

yup..my rubber gromets are alll fine and yes the studs are 30lbs less the oem specs everything is torqued right..im just ready to sell it how it is not running and buy something different cuz i dont know what else could be the problem?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:38 PM
mullet racing

Originally posted by DONT SLEEP
same thing happened to me with my ls motor but it was when i put a newer ls valve cover on there. there were no seals for the spark plugs. once i did that it was perfectly fine
Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:12 PM

i guess im just going to put oem headgasket on and a valve cover gasket kit and then sell the car along with a complete custom turbo kit that still in boxes brand new....
Old 07-19-2004, 04:37 PM
mullet racing

Originally posted by NonVtecEG93
yup..my rubber gromets are alll fine and yes the studs are 30lbs less the oem specs everything is torqued right..im just ready to sell it how it is not running and buy something different cuz i dont know what else could be the problem?
the studs should be tighter than oem, there's your problem.
Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:52 PM

i already re torqued then down to oem specs....just to try things ......ive tried everything but replacing things...so im tired of it so gettin rid of it asap when i fix it
Old 07-19-2004, 04:58 PM
engine building &best

where you located i would be more then happy to take a look

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?