Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

SOHC ACT Clutch on DOHC???

Old 05-10-2004, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SOHC ACT Clutch on DOHC???

Hey guys,
I'm trying to hunt down an ACT Heavy Duty clutch kit for my friend. Why is it the SOHC kits are so much more than the DOHC (Si) ones are? Are there any differences between the flywheel and transmission that would make the SOHC ones not work? If so please explain because I thought the only difference was the head and maybe gear ratios and bore/stroke??? The rest should be the same though since you can put an Si motor on a SOHC tranny and vice-versa right? Thanks, Tyler
Old 05-10-2004, 12:31 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

don't know specifics on this one but know a guy that does. try jason at 407.299.4345

i used an accord 212mm fly wheel for my 89 Si tranny because he knew that it matched up with the ACT better.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 05-11-2004, 04:10 AM

Oh, well I guess that answers my question and proves me wrong about mating an Si motor to a D series tranny. Thanks Cronic.