Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

how fast can you wrench

Old 04-27-2004, 05:33 AM
mullet racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast can you wrench

not really tech sorry. what are some fast wrench times you guys have done?

yesterday it took me 10min start to finish to change my front brakes myself using hand tools. (thats what got me thinking)

i have done a b-series to b-series swap in my old hatch in four hours by my self.

fasthatch2000 and myself pulled his old turbo motor in about 40min.

did a timming belt on my father in laws crx in about 15min.

put the blower in my car around three hours myself, using only hand tools.

i'm sure there's more thoes just stick out the most.
Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:08 AM

No shit, that's impressive man. It takes me forever to do anything. It took me like three hours to put my new lowering springs on, and I had an impact wrench to pull the nuts off. It took me about four hours to mount my front mount intercooler, but then again I had friends over distracting me and I had to fabricate the brackets and make it look good. I'd rather wrench though than wire, I hate wiring, especially my S-AFC. As some of you know I introduced a few wire gremlins during that install.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Professional Asshole

it took me an hour to pull a v8 out of my friends truck w/ his help. took us 6 hours to put in the new reuilt motor. I can do a CV axle on a CRX in 30 mins.

Aim and Yahoo- Inkedupordie

Old 04-27-2004, 06:37 AM
S1's MUSCLE RELAXER

me and a buddy of mine get a CX motor out and stuffed in a gsr and had it running in 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 AM
mullet racing

Originally posted by Vapor
Dee, do you want a job??????
lol i do know someone looking. don't get me wrong i'm not always fast. it took me 6 f'n hours to install my nitrous
Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:01 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

i'm slow but good

and yes i am talking about wrenching!

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-27-2004, 08:44 AM
proud father ;D

I did the brake upgrade on my prelude in 2 hours (acura legend gs calipers, ss lines, brembo rotors, hawk pads, and drain/fill fluid)

Did the jdm h22a swap into my prelude in my rents driveway by myself with handtools and an engine hoist in 6 hours.

Installed the clutch and clutchmasters flywheel in my rents driveway, with basic handtools without a lift in 4 hours.

Installed Skunk2 cam gears, new timming belt, new water pump, and did the h23 manual tensioner conversion on my old h22 in 1.5 hrs.

Installed itr rear swap bar and a breaks chassis reinformant kit on my EK in 1 hour.

Did everything by myself, in my garage or driveway with hand tools... fun stuff.. doing an h22 ek swap in a week or so, depends on when all of my goodies arrive.

If your constantly working on your car, taking it apart, etc.. you'll get pretty dam fast. I've owned 4 H-series and my 5th should be here anyday now.. My first time back in high-school with basis installs/upgrades took me awhile, because I had my Helms manual there with me and I was going step-by-step, now that I've had the engines apart, re-assembled, etc.. it's a breeze to throw it back together.

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD

Last edited by blurboEK; 04-27-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
proud father ;D

Pulling an h-series tranny while the enigne is in the car without help or a hoist is a pain in the ass, so is removing the motor from the car without the aid of help or a hoist. bleh.

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD