Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Hondata question

Old 02-18-2004, 10:24 AM
hyperbola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata question

I have a stock GSR motor in my EF hatch with a few bolt ons. . . thinking of getting hondata now for simple tuning and to rid some bugs, however I would like to go turbo someday soon.

My question is: Could I use a dyno tuned Stage 2/3 for my current setup then just re-tune as I add my turbo mods (can I use the same engine management as my project evolves without having to buy additional programs)?

Also, is it worth the conversion from OBD0 to OBD1 so that i can utilize the newer s200?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:52 AM
GONZO SHAPED MEMBER

Yes convert to OBD-1 also is it a B17 or B18 Gsr motor, cuz you have to run a P72 on a 1.8 Gsr motor.

Save your money and convert to OBD1 and then order your Hondata.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
hyperbola

thanx- used search function and didnt find much but flame wars over Aem -vs- Hondata, looks like hondata is best for me. spent most of the day reading over hondata's site.

yes that helped Cronic . . looks like conversion to OBD1 would consist of Integra GSR distributor and a OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness and ECU (not bad). . . .

i-h8mytruck - its a 94 b18c1

92CXhatch - thanx, i dont know anything about Zdyne other than wat ive seen on hasports site lemme go research them and see wat the benefits are . . .
Old 02-18-2004, 01:58 PM
hyperbola

Does he favor Zdyne? John is a smart man & I respect his opinion. . . .however their website really isnt informative compared to Hondata as far as options and advantages go but it may not be a true representation of their product. . . Hondata's site has a ton of info, kept me occupied all damn day.

If I stay OBD0 and go with Zdyne will I see the full potential of the motor in this car N/A? . . . . and when i get to F/I can I just simply re-tune on a dyno?
Old 02-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Engineer at the source

www.JKOBDConversionharness.com

I have your harness and P28 ecus for your hondata setup.

www.secretservicesinc.com

For your Hondata and tuning.

9.69@151 Street Car
JKOBD