Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

I want to see some opinions!!

Old 10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
WHAT!?! OK!......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by psifactor
I was just applying any better base for making a fast car. Dsm would have been one of them but there are many many more. Honda would be one of the last ones on my list. If you would like me to elaborate I would be more than happy to.

He was asking for opinions and I gave him mine. Isn't that what this thread was for?
I do have an idea. There is not many cars that are harder to make fast than a Honda. Even you know this!!! To have a consistent 12s car on a Bseries you will need to spend around 10k if not more. And I'm not talking about just throwing a huge shot of n20 on there. Doing it right, even though that would be fun for awhile. and if built correctly it could be done right.
And like you know..havent you blown up 4-5 engines? Guess after the 1st one I would have learned how to do it correctly. I'm sure by nowyou have a pretty good idea what the limits are.

Again.......he asked for opinions....I gave mine. I didn't realize there is harm in giving opinions when asked.
Your Opinion is not valid...Read his post again...He has quite a few mods on an already high performance motor and needs direction to make the most of what he already has...He stated a few options that he's deciding upon and he's asking for your opinion on THOSE options...

If he wanted an opinion on if he should keep moding the Honda or sell it and buy another car, then he wouldv'e stated that from go...

Zee

04 Civic Si
01 Lexus GS300
Old 10-06-2003, 03:02 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by Sunrise City Rider
Your Opinion is not valid...Read his post again...He has quite a few mods on an already high performance motor and needs direction to make the most of what he already has...He stated a few options that he's deciding upon and he's asking for your opinion on THOSE options...

If he wanted an opinion on if he should keep moding the Honda or sell it and buy another car, then he wouldv'e stated that from go...

Zee
Well said. . .
Old 10-06-2003, 03:15 PM
KJ
bored at work

Yeah turboing can bring the numbers past what a 1.8 block will do but you are stressing it much more. Look at all the people who have turbo honda's, their cars are down all the time. If you want to keep it simple and get the most solid and reliable gain get a gsr block. From there go turbo or N/A whenever you choose a path and have the budget.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:04 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

That's what i was TRYING to get across.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Sorta Kinda O.G.

Wooow....I havent had a chance to check my thread in a while...thank you for all the replies..appreciated greatly....psi...thank you for your reply as well...but they are right..I did ask what to do with what I have now...no plan on getting rid of my car...and cronic..you said"If he doesn't have the money to do something... why bother?" Its not a matter of having no money at all....or I wouldnt be asking for opinions..but funds are limited..and I have to get the best bang for the buck right now....no nitrous for me tho....Im thinking im going to go with the header(should have soon),the cams,and then save for the 1.8 block...then vafc... thanks again guys