Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

I want to see some opinions!!

Old 10-05-2003, 09:57 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cronic
I made my BS turbo setup for right around 1500, a GSR block with internals plus gaskets would cost him slightly less, but not make as much torque.

Remember the GSR has only a few more ft/lbs more then the B16... A turbo setup would bring it 30+ more tq.
Well for that much money i would go for the turbo as well, but on his limited funds he may want to stick with something more reliable. I think both options are viable, now it just seems to come down to preference and budget.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:09 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Eck, no nitrous. . .
Old 10-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Hello

I assume he wants something than runs for a good amount of time (or at all), so DSMs are out, if that is what you are implying he get.
I was just applying any better base for making a fast car. Dsm would have been one of them but there are many many more. Honda would be one of the last ones on my list. If you would like me to elaborate I would be more than happy to.

Kelly, unfortunatly, the B series motor is a great setup to start out with. Please stop posting where you have no idea what your talking about.
He was asking for opinions and I gave him mine. Isn't that what this thread was for?
I do have an idea. There is not many cars that are harder to make fast than a Honda. Even you know this!!! To have a consistent 12s car on a Bseries you will need to spend around 10k if not more. And I'm not talking about just throwing a huge shot of n20 on there. Doing it right, even though that would be fun for awhile. and if built correctly it could be done right.
And like you know..havent you blown up 4-5 engines? Guess after the 1st one I would have learned how to do it correctly. I'm sure by nowyou have a pretty good idea what the limits are.

Again.......he asked for opinions....I gave mine. I didn't realize there is harm in giving opinions when asked.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:36 AM
WHAT!?! OK!......

Build the CylinderHead with extreme N/A cams like the Jun3's, make sure you use the appropriate Valvetrain, 3 or 5 angle valve job, Chipped ECU and rev to 9,500rpm...The stock b16 bottom end is good to 10krpm easy, the topend can't handle that much rpm stock nor will it make any power up top stock...Your torque will not be increased on the bottom but you will be in gear longer and you will make about 180whp easy without tuning and your current setup...

Zee

04 Civic Si
01 Lexus GS300
Old 10-06-2003, 11:39 AM
S1's MUSCLE RELAXER

ls block call it a day