GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

91 Z28

Old 12-15-2004, 05:20 AM
The King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 91 Z28

Originally posted by CamaroJoe
I just picked up a 91 Z28 with a 350 engine and I was wondering what mods I should do first and what kind of HP gains should I expect. I'm definately gonna do a cat back soon since the lady who owned it before me put on some kind of crappier than stock muffler. Also, I was wondering if going dual exhaust would be worth the effort in these cars. Thanks.
Let me solve all your power needs in one word, turbo! Keep your engine in stock form and add a STS turbo system. Sure it will be more cost up front, but you will be done in one day and not have to mess around with any other engine parts. PM me for more info.

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 12-15-2004, 06:20 AM

Originally posted by zexyintegra
Taking off TPI a crime against what. Making it actually move. You can buy cams for 150 all day long. No wonder fast G bodies are about as common as flying monkeys.
Juging from the info joe has provided, it sounds like he has a rare Z28? removing the stock componants would likely depreciate the vehicle making it worthless to any collector! what is he to do when the altenator/cruise control/vats/speedo/Ac will not work and transmission does not go into lockup? By the way" in case you did not know? the late model engine block in joe`s car has a roller cam in it with roller lifters ! these cams run about $ 275 -300 Dollars.

Last edited by RonB; 12-16-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:29 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Default Re: Re: 91 Z28

Originally posted by Fast240Z
Let me solve all your power needs in one word, turbo! Keep your engine in stock form and add a STS turbo system. Sure it will be more cost up front, but you will be done in one day and not have to mess around with any other engine parts. PM me for more info.

Mark

i like how you think........is that the rear mount one thou?

you ever deside what to build to replace the 240? *3rd gen!*

wow a 3rd gen thread on tr. cool

there's so much wrong with what's been said in so many posts, damn.....

ron m... what the hell is done to your car and what does it run?

so gm really put the o2 on the wrong side? so it puffs blue smoke on startup because it burns #8 piston? i must hear more about this!

that could get my vote for dumbest comment ever on tr. do you really think the ecm looks at the o2 at WOT?

oh and for what to do first.... spray it! they love spray, even thou the 700 will die. at least enjoy it for a little bit.

then put a t56 in it. auto's suck. I'd take a 305 5speed over a 350 auto all day long.

oh and oldschool gen6 accel DFI are going for cheap these days. works nice and is fun to play with, if your into the tuning thing its fun to play with.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:45 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally posted by Mars_302
Stealth Ram looks about better than the Lingenfelter super ram deal. Id do the Holley intake with some Vette L98 ALumn heads with a home port job or buy some real heads and do a cam and be happy.

kinda off topic but,

just wanted to say I'm impressed, i see you post from time to time in the gm forum and more times than not your right, can't say I've ever seen that before.

/hijack