GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

91 Z28

Old 12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Devils advocate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RonB
Nice kit! just looked it up in summit cataloge $2,800
Um...No.

That kit is to build a complete fuel injected SBC. O a car that already has the port fuel injection all you need is the intake itslef that sells for a little over $500. Don't be a dick if you really don't know what you are talking about.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by Gunslinger09
Um...No.

That kit is to build a complete fuel injected SBC. O a car that already has the port fuel injection all you need is the intake itslef that sells for a little over $500. Don't be a dick if you really don't know what you are talking about.
You don`t think the injectors and fuel pump should be upgraded? acording to summit cataloge this manafold requires the use of the holley fuel rail another $175.00 or $219.00 with adj regulator. In your previous post you stated the intake alone was $500.00! did you mean the satin finish one and the fuel rail was $500.00???

Last edited by RonB; 12-10-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fastisfun
[B]
Hey joe" stay away from the slp exhaust systems!

Do companies as well known for quality really make stuff that just doesnt work? SLP has been around for a while and i dont think they would make something tht just doesnt fit.
Take a look at this web site! www.headersbyed.com look in the info/discusion section. and who says slp or anyone else is perfect?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Landscape Engineer

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...8750#A327/5.4l

You mean this intake? It looks pretty good and runs $300. The only thing it needs is a holly 58mm throttle body or an LT1 throttle body. Stock fuel rail works. I'm wonding though, how is this intake better than the edelbrock intake (http://store.summitracing.com/partde...7D#largerimage) but costs less than half the price?

Last edited by CamaroJoe; 12-10-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Take a look at this web site! www.headersbyed.com look in the info/discusion section. and who says slp or anyone else is perfect?

If the stuff major companies made didnt work or didnt fit, they would be out of business.SLP was the first company to make aftermarket stuff for for the TPI and they made a relationship with GM and you could get SLP stuff installed directly from GM. SO GM would not pic some crap company for parts to go on there perfomance vehical.

Originally Posted by BAMF
I would buy an entire swimming pool full of Cocaine.

And I would swim in it.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by fastisfun
If the stuff major companies made didnt work or didnt fit, they would be out of business.SLP was the first company to make aftermarket stuff for for the TPI and they made a relationship with GM and you could get SLP stuff installed directly from GM. SO GM would not pic some crap company for parts to go on there perfomance vehical.
Don`t get me wrong I`am not trying to be a D*@' but GM Makes mistakes to! for example the o2 sensor in the tpi`s were placed on the wrong side of the engine (drivers side). so camaros and firebirds with these tpi from 86- 89 burned holes in the #8 piston(ecm)never saw the lean condition? the symtom would be a puff of blue smoke on cold start up, similar to bad valve stem seals. also when accel came out with the DFI`s their instuctions for instalation included the relocation of the 02 to the passenger side! so they to were aware of this problem. Gm now uses multiple 02`s on the newer cars, even the mustangs had two(one each side). so GM is not perfect either!

Last edited by RonB; 12-10-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:43 PM

Joe " thanks for putting up the links! acording to the summit cataloge(book) you cannot use the tpi fuel rail on the stealth if you look at the design closer there are no standoffs for the tpi rail to be attached to the stealth intake?it looks as though that link may be the one that replaces an existing lt1 intake not the tpi stealth? as to which one is better really depends on what you want (more mid or low end tourque) basicaly the longer the runners are the more low end(edelbrock), the shorter the runners (stealth) more mid range! personal I think the tpi`s need more midrange torque as they already are quick of the line do to the low first gear in the 700r4 and the rpm drop from 1st to 2nd is so significant the overall ET suffers a little.

Last edited by RonB; 12-10-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Landscape Engineer

basicaly the longer the runners are the more low end(edelbrock), the shorter the runners (stealth) more mid range!
As long as I don't lose any low end torque with the stealth I would go with that one, considering the price difference($300 compared to like $700) Both are reputable companies that have been around forever so I imagine both produce good power.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Banned

Taking off TPI a crime against what. Making it actually move. You can buy cams for 150 all day long. No wonder fast G bodies are about as common as flying monkeys.