GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

Almost time..... Engine Buid up

Old 06-03-2004, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost time..... Engine Buid up

Well i got all my parts finally and the machine shop is balancing the assembly today.

Im going to pick it up on monday because i need to find some people to help me lift the thing. All i could think while lifting it before was man i wish i had an LS1.

Shouldnt take me long at all to put it back together and get it going.

Damage= Shattered piston ring, blown headgasket, flooded piston, and a couple broken valve springs.
Machinist said i was over reving it nah... not me.. i would never race my car hard like that.

The new set up will be a lot stronger and run a little harder. I shouldnt have any problems with the RX8's and the Tiberons after this install..

oh and if i get some nitrous i'll need help installing it.. not sure if the nitrous jets go in the header or the oil pan...

Peace

96 M6 Arctic White Z28
"SLOW LT1"
Blue 2005 Acura TSX
Old 06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Whatever you do, remember to install the nitrous jets into the intake port, NOT the gas tank like i did.

Let me know when your going to be putting in the s13, i'll help out. Or rather, i'll come over, supervise and flirt with every girl that walks by your garage in an attempt to succesfully turn the several hour process of putting the motor back in, into a several day project.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Emeritus

Originally posted by NXz28
Whatever you do, remember to install the nitrous jets into the intake port, NOT the gas tank like i did.

Let me know when your going to be putting in the s13, i'll help out. Or rather, i'll come over, supervise and flirt with every girl that walks by your garage in an attempt to succesfully turn the several hour process of putting the motor back in, into a several day project.
+1