General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fastest 1/4 E.T. stock front wheel drive naturally aspirated and is cheap(used)?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls_[eg]hatch
agree mk3 vr6 or GSR Integra or other gsr swapped honda.
I do like the mk3 but I find it not as cheap or easy to get parts for like some other makes. Granted if I went against the grain I will need custom parts. As for Hondas, I would rather not. I do not feel any joy or originality in them. Plus they come with the lovely gift of having every cop you looking for a reason stop you once the see or worse hear your Honda. If I build a H car it will be probably an Accord sedan. Something akin to the Euro R.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 PM
The One and Only

Originally Posted by 007
Actually in a front wheel drive vehicle the front wheels transmit the engine's output to the front wheels. A wing generates downforce over the rear wheels. It should be pointed out that this is only at speeds where the airflow traveling over the wing excedes that traveling beneath it. This however comes at the cost of increased drag coefficient. Something that would not be beneficial at all to a front wheel drive car unless it was capable of oversteering, and hardly of any use for the form of motorsport in question. If one were inclined to add any aerodynamic aids to a front wheel drive, I would recommend a spoiler set instead.
He's just making a joke about what a lot of kids do with fwd cars, or any cheaper car in general lol
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM
OH SNAP!

Vr6 jetta, or a nissan sentra spec v
Driving definitions: Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by CrypticApathy
Vr6 jetta, or a nissan sentra spec v
What kind of time does the Sentra run? What can I do to one, keeping it naturally aspirated while not using nitrous? How much do parts cost?

Last edited by 007; 11-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 007
Actually in a front wheel drive vehicle the front wheels transmit the engine's output to the front wheels. A wing generates downforce over the rear wheels. It should be pointed out that this is only at speeds where the airflow traveling over the wing excedes that traveling beneath it. This however comes at the cost of increased drag coefficient. Something that would not be beneficial at all to a front wheel drive car unless it was capable of oversteering, and hardly of any use for the form of motorsport in question. If one were inclined to add any aerodynamic aids to a front wheel drive, I would recommend a spoiler set instead.
Where did you copy pasta this from?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Graves
Where did you copy pasta this from?
No where. By the way. It PASTE. Not PASTA. Pasta is spaghetti, linguine, tortellini, etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
The One and Only

I would advise against responses like that, they aren't very welcome in forums.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 007
No where. By the way. It PASTE. Not PASTA. Pasta is spaghetti, linguine, tortellini, etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BeenDenied
I would advise against responses like that, they aren't very welcome in forums.
Yet sarcasm, and poor attempts at accusatory remarks, while not posting any pertinent information to my query is?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Graves
Irrelevant. You posted inaccurate information. I attempted to inform you. You then rewarded my efforts by implying my response was plagiarized from another's work.

Quick Reply: Fastest 1/4 E.T. stock front wheel drive naturally aspirated and is cheap(used)?