General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Anyone dealt with hail damage?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 AM
smooth as its name.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention that I am now stationed in Cheyenne, WY. Sucks because I don't trust anybody up here, I'd honestly rather just take the check if that's a possibility.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 AM

oh shit im in Cheyenne also! My wife's civic got totaled. about 7,600 worth of damage on it and it didnt look that bad. They just cut us a check minus the deductible.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
smooth as its name.

Are you stationed here or live here by choice? I have a lien on my car so I think they have to make the check out to both of us which sucks.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

They dont care what the check is for. They approve whatever amount the insurance tells them too. They have so much work at this point your just a number. Take your car have them knocked out and you should be fine. 3k in PDR is nothing as far as hail damage go.. yor talking about 65 bucks a dent... and theyre everywhere
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM

dam my ex's civic she had alot of lil dents in it from hail storms (i was shipped form chicago ) and the car was black so they really showed but it fwakin sucks. but post some pics of it
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Originally Posted by civicem2
dam my ex's civic she had alot of lil dents in it from hail storms (i was shipped form chicago ) and the car was black so they really showed but it fwakin sucks. but post some pics of it
cool story bro, tell it again!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:04 PM
smooth as its name.

Update on my car: I got a check from my insurance company for $3,313 made out to both me and my lien holder, who wants a written estimate for the full repair before they make a check out to me and the body shop. I went around town today to get estimates and most of them said "Just bring the insurance check and we'll waive the deductible, without really looking at my car." After getting fed up with not getting real estimates I started just telling them it was coming out of pocket and wouldn't you know, I got estimates for around $2800 with them actually looking at the damage.

Now that I have a written quote for $2800, I am going to send it to the bank along with the check signed by me. They will then turn around and cut a check to me and the body shop for the damage, and the rest to me. Is there any way the body shop could change their estimate when the check arrives?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by MilanoCivic97
Update on my car: I got a check from my insurance company for $3,313 made out to both me and my lien holder, who wants a written estimate for the full repair before they make a check out to me and the body shop. I went around town today to get estimates and most of them said "Just bring the insurance check and we'll waive the deductible, without really looking at my car." After getting fed up with not getting real estimates I started just telling them it was coming out of pocket and wouldn't you know, I got estimates for around $2800 with them actually looking at the damage.

Now that I have a written quote for $2800, I am going to send it to the bank along with the check signed by me. They will then turn around and cut a check to me and the body shop for the damage, and the rest to me. Is there any way the body shop could change their estimate when the check arrives?
Of course.. once youve got your money.. go to the estimate... start out at $2,000 give a little, take a little, and any body shop will give you a good amount off to keep that kind of job. And you get yourself a little cash on top. Just remember to NOT mention that check. AT ALL. Once youve got the money, deposit and pay the shop "customer pay"
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
smooth as its name.

Problem is, my lien holder has to cut the check to me and the body shop so I won't be able to cash it.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by MilanoCivic97
Problem is, my lien holder has to cut the check to me and the body shop so I won't be able to cash it.
In that case its a little trickier. Technically the shop would have to give you cash back which is something they dont do very often. Id say talk to them try to work something out.. but dont get your hopes up lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone dealt with hail damage?