General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I need a brake guru ASAP!

Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would go bad in the master when its brand new? I know seals can leak but being brand new its almost like WTF?

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
Brake pedal grabs real low, bench bled the master, bled all the brakes, no leaks, no air bubbles. WTF is up? I can't figure out what else could be wrong? Its a brand new master cylinder and brake booster. The booster works because the idle changes but with the car on the pedal sinks even worse.
FHR - I got a bad booster in my car. The brakes still work though. Sometimes the brake feels very loose and you can press it all the way. Took it to the Dealership and they took it apart and found one bad valve in there. Maybe you have a bad valve inside the booster???
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I race sailboats

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
what would go bad in the master when its brand new? I know seals can leak but being brand new its almost like WTF?
DOA man. Shit happens.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 09-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered Hater

I know the symptoms and the feel of a bad master cylinder though and this isnt it. I am going to try a pedal adjustment and see if maybe its just way off or something? IDK not looking forward to my tall ass crawling under there and trying to work in a space so small a teacup chihuahua's paw couldnt fit in. Seriously the pedal adjustment is ridiculous, I have even considered taking the dash board off for it lol. But thats the only thing I havent tried yet. If that doesnt work then I'll start replacing parts and if that doesnt work I will find comeone with explosives and blow up the damn car.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM

I have this exact same problem with my '85 Corolla. It's been like that since I bought it four years ago, and hasn't gotten any worse since. I assumed it was a booster, so when I needed new rotors (this spring), I got all new pads, rotors, calipers, master, and booster. The problem isn't any better than it was before. Adjusted the pedal as far as I could, that's clearly not the problem. Also, I'm not leaking brake fluid like I was before, so I know my new master is good. Also, I've had masters go bad before, and the symptoms are different.

I'm thinking it's a vacuum leak. Given the amount of vac lines I have, it's quite possible. Let me know what you come up with, I just haven't felt like tracing a vac leak. I did put a new brake booster check valve in, so that ain't it, either.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered Hater

I'm going to try using a vacula or w/e to vacuum bleed, that will take any air out that may still be in the lines. If that doesn't work I'll go with adjusting the pedal, and again if that doesn't work I'm fucked.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM

Not sure if you got what I meant, you may have a leak in your engine's vacuum lines somewhere. What size intake is on your car? If it's a 2.5-3", I may be able to help.