General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What was the import car scene like in the 90's?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
That One Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about "ur a fag"?

You asshole! How can you not put an upper case "J" for Jesus when its a name and the first word in a sentence. WTF!?

PS. The Import scene in the 90's was the same as it is now, everyone hating on each other. HAHAAH you have a eco import! HAAHAHAA you have a Gas guzzling v8..

Who cares about import/domestic, most car companys build and design in other countrys anyway, and buy and sell designs to each other. Now adays almost every car company has a full line of cars from slow suvs to fast roadcars.

So those days of "Imports being rice buckets of slowness" and domestic's being "fast but too heavy" are long gone.

When are people going to learn, its not about the car...
Old 08-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by edmel89
How about "ur a fag"?

You asshole! How can you not put an upper case "J" for Jesus when its a name and the first word in a sentence. WTF!?

PS. The Import scene in the 90's was the same as it is now, everyone hating on each other. HAHAAH you have a eco import! HAAHAHAA you have a Gas guzzling v8..

Who cares about import/domestic, most car companys build and design in other countrys anyway, and buy and sell designs to each other. Now adays almost every car company has a full line of cars from slow suvs to fast roadcars.

So those days of "Imports being rice buckets of slowness" and domestic's being "fast but too heavy" are long gone.

When are people going to learn, its not about the car...
There was no import scene here in the 90's.

How old were most of you in the late 90's?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 PM
That One Guy

The import scene up north was plenty, and I was old enough to know what an import was and what a domestic was in the late 90's. Wish I could of driven
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Late 80's I started hanging out with my buddy and his dad at Gandy where they races their t/a. No "jap" imports. Closest was a Porsche or two that would get butt hurt. Those were the good old days when you could not have to worry about any problems with the cops.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by edmel89
The import scene up north was plenty, and I was old enough to know what an import was and what a domestic was in the late 90's. Wish I could of driven
I lived in NY and to be honest I cant remember anything goin on import wise, still the classic 60's and 70's muscle cars and what not. The coolest car I knew about then was my uncles Buick Grand National. I cant remember ever thinking about an import lol. My family did have a 280Z and then a Honda Accord way back, I remember those.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:48 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Originally Posted by S60R
Werd . . . Here was my late 80s, early 90s project car.

tony, there is an exact replica of your celica for sale near me out here, but it has a cowl hood. I inquired about it since the body was otherwise in great shape (similar/same red wine color too)...it has a big ass v8 in it and they wanted too much.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Turn 7 at Sebring

There was an import scene here in the late 90's There really wasn't such a thing as a ricer, well not technically. APC lights or what ever they were started the ricer trend in the late, late 90's.

There were import only shops that turned out "fast" cars for the day. Spec-r, DP tuning and Eurotech all built fast cars that went to the street races at meridian, seabreeze, causeway and the bread factory.
Let's try and keep this on topic and civil.

Last edited by RoadRacer; 08-26-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM

yeah whoever said there asnt an import scene in the 90's is sadly mistaken. late 90 was starting to kick into highgear.....god i miss those days!
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by civic99
your a moron
your so ignorant its sad your basing import only on hondas/acuras and most of the cars were made here to start with, plus lambos are imported, so are bmws, you got the skylines gt-r not the other crappy taxi one, and hell you even got the real boosted hondas that will do 11s or less on the track so stfu
ok... how often do you see bmws, skyrines, lambos and a 10 second turbo honda? I know of maybe 3 hondas in this area that have touched 10s. the fact of the matter is that 95% of the "street scene" is made up of hondas, acuras and 240s.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Nitrous Queen

I lived up north in the 90's, BFE Indiana, then Cincinnati, OH in the late 90's. Everyone there was doing lowriders with hydros; Cadi's, trucks, etc. The only imports I remember from the group I hung out with were a 4 door Maxima with 14k gold rotors who appeared in a few Vogue tire ads and a Paseo, both with 16 switches Myself.....I was rockin a Nissan Pulsar skateboarded on 13's

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #012
91 Honda Crx Si & 03 Lightning clone
~*~Ellie~*~
RIP Cisco Ramos, RIP Brian Nichols