General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by w4lker
I read the entire thread.

People are only guilty when a court finds them guilty. That's how it needs to work.

Like everyone else here, I'm 100% SURE that Joe Dono is GUILTY. But the goal here seems to be to punish him before he has been found guilty in court.

I think it's okay to talk about the story, but he should be treated as a suspect until proven guilty.

The system works that way for a very good reason.

Anyway that's all I have to say. Food for thought I guess.
In a criminal case, you're judged by a Jury of your peers. This isn't really a criminal issue at this point, but for the sake of discussion we can assume it is.

Given that, the evidence is pretty damn overwhelming. I can't think of any physical evidence that would be in Joe's favor, and his testimony would be 100% worthless given his history.

We are not the court, and what happens there doesn't really affect the "court" of public opinion. This would end like O.J.'s trial did. Yeah, he was found not guilty, but we all know he did it. Same thing here. The actual outcome is not important (outside of how it financially affects Jap Works).
Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM

Hey guys, checking in from M3forum.net.

I've never in my life registered and posted on a guest forum and wasn't going to register here despite having read every single post - but it's when Aaron mentioned that this is affecting his family that I changed my mind.

Let's cut the shit short with the 'pwnage' crap - everyone knows Joe Dono is a moron - but it's a serious issue of family responsibility for Aaron and Branden now, and they need financial help. This is where the community matters - stop donating $1, donate $2+. For every person who can't "afford" $2 - send it to Aaron and I swear to personally reimburse you your $2. I promise you he needs it right more than you do - "mark my werdz".

Aaron - donated $10 for now, but I get paid tomorrow night and I already have your name notated on my bank account - will send you more first thing midnight tomorrow. I've also informed friends here to do the same.

Please, if your situation deteriorates any further, reach to any of us for more help - I'll even cut down on monthly credit card payments for this month to help you.

Best,
Ali
Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by reclaimer04
What some people don't understand and what hasn't been explained a lot was, he initially only asked for a paint job. While they were working on it, he would come in and ask for more jobs to be done on it. He didn't just walk in with a big ass list and say, "Do it". That's where the verbal agreements come into play, also with the assurance that Joe had the funds to cover it. he mentioned his grandfather and sponsors (lol).

I fully understand that. I read plenty of this monster thread. Still, at the point the kid owes 3-4k in labor and paying bills is getting a little tricky, most normal businesses would say, "You need to pay for some of the labor first and then we can expand the project." We don't even start work @ my company without a 50% deposit on the original estimate. And if halfway through the scope of the project should dramatically change we'll certainly require more capital to help assure we won't pour resources into a project for a client that simply isn't going to pay. I'm sorry, I've read all of it. It still doesn't make sense to basically be floating a kid a 16K credit line. It wasn't 16K at first, but they kept extending more credit to him until it was.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
is a legend.

Originally Posted by TokyoBeBop
I know what will make you giggle.

a DC logo and says Dono Concepts on the bottom.
LMAO
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ali N.
Let's cut the shit short with the 'pwnage' crap - everyone knows Joe Dono is a moron - but it's a serious issue of family responsibility for Aaron and Branden now, and they need financial help. This is where the community matters - stop donating $1, donate $2+. For every person who can't "afford" $2 - send it to Aaron and I swear to personally reimburse you your $2. I promise you he needs it right more than you do - "mark my werdz".

Best,
Ali
Agreed. 2 bucks is a cup of coffee or 20 oz soda. Cut out one of those for a day or 2 and drop him 5 bucks.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Bmw M535i

Default to japworks

hope you get what money you are owned and that your company stays alive.
and please, do not send him adrift on a boat, he may end up here in northern norway and we do not want him.

best of luck
Old 08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Originally Posted by superzero
hope you get what money you are owned and that your company stays alive.
and please, do not send him adrift on a boat, he may end up here in northern norway and we do not want him.

best of luck
This just made me burst out lauging at work!

Thanks Norway! lol
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
The Integra Guru!

LMFAO! Thank you from Norway!

Originally Posted by 94lsteg
You sided with the wrong guy dummy... Josh has forgot more than you have learned about Hondas.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Checking in from LS1GTO and NASIOC.

Haven't read this whole thread yet, but I hope this little bish gets what's coming to him (if he hasn't already gotten it).

To the OP, good luck on your hunt.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 AM
is a legend.

TR has now gone world wide. Epic win.