General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Hyundai-Kia pass Honda to become world's 5th largest automaker

Old 07-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Race Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai-Kia pass Honda to become world's 5th largest automaker

Hyundai-Kia pass Honda to become world's 5th largest automaker - Autoblog

ess than a decade ago, the Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group was ranked 11th in the world in total sales volume. According to the latest publishing of the Automotive News 2008 Global Data Book, the automaker has impressively passed Honda to take 5th position. To climb six positions in just eight years isn't a simple accomplishment as it required stepping over such global automakers as Fiat, Chrysler, PSA/Peugeot, Nissan, and Honda

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Old School

It was a matter of time.With so much technology sharing going on the cars are getting better in quality.On the other hand Chevy dropped with the Aveo being bult in the same country as Hyundai/Kia's.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

First car I bought myself when I was able was a 95 Lantra. It fell apart on me and i havent touched another Hyundai since.

until we bought my wifes new mini van (entourage) and i gotta say they have improved a LOT. We had a Kia before that and it was fantastic aswell.

The new coupe they are coming with is gonna be interesting... might change their image a bit.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Originally Posted by Zate
First car I bought myself when I was able was a 95 Lantra. It fell apart on me and i havent touched another Hyundai since.

until we bought my wifes new mini van (entourage) and i gotta say they have improved a LOT. We had a Kia before that and it was fantastic aswell.

The new coupe they are coming with is gonna be interesting... might change their image a bit.
Hyundai sucked when they depended on borrowed technology from Mitsubishi as well as the engines they bought from them miserably failed. Hyundai's quality goes way better now since they started to engineer their own vehicles. They just have to work on the actual car designs.