General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Can't find a powdercoater anywhere......help find one.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find a powdercoater anywhere......help find one.

Never thought trying to find an honest and reliable powder coater that does good work would be so difficult. Been looking for a couple months now and haven't had much luck. Tried to find something close to Riverview, but no such luck in that regard either.
Not asking to get anything for free. All i want is a good job done on time for a fair price. I actually have tons of stuff that will need PC. Only problem is i'm not going to give it all to one shop to do at once until i can rely(sp?) on them. If they can't handle a simple small job i'll be damned if i bring them anything else. However, it seems as though most just arbitrarily make up pricing as how much they think they can get from one person/business. There is no consitancy in pricing, even at the same place. I don't feel i should have to explain that i would be bringing in lots of stuff for PC just to get a fair rate.

So, all i'm asking is if anybody can help me find a PC to use. The closer to Riverview the better. The following shops are out of the question.

American(i think that's the name)......discribed the part over the phone(dirt bike frame) and the person assured me they new what sizes, type of deminsions, and condition they would be dealing with. All i wanted was a ballpark figure. I end up driving all the way down there with a yz125 frame swinger and sub frame only to get a completely different story.
Glenn(i think is his name) says its much bigger[keep in mind over the phone i'm assured they know exactly what i'm talking about] and then he adds another 200 bucks to the price, and another 150 for the color. I could go into all the great details here, but the point is i don't like the way he runs his business.

Lasker........brought the parts by and felt like a had to beg the guy to look at the parts. I'm fine if you don't have the time or desire to do the parts, but just say that if that's the case. Anyway, he looks are the parts and i feel he was just pricing up the work until he hit a breaking point/ceiling. Again similar stuff to american.....not feeling it.

ProCoat........went by the place and nobody could give me a quote. Apparently there is only one person able to bid jobs and they weren't there. Don't know how much they would even bid for the work, but someone that can't bid the work doesn't get the work. Maybe i'm just to anal, but i feel if someone is going to run a reliable honest business, then act as if. Meaning if you have to see the parts to estimate the job then you aught to have someone there to do so.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Turn 7 at Sebring

There is a place on 34th st n, just north of 126th Ave n that does powder coating. He's not a small kitchen oven guy, he does big runs for Disney. I am pretty sure he will do it, but it will be expensive.

Here is a map of his place. I don't have his number. It's on the left hand side if you are heading north on 34th st n in st pete. I will try and get a name or number for you.

It's the white rectangle building at the very top of the screen on the left next to "34th"

Last edited by RoadRacer; 02-24-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Not Mad

Could of swore there were people on this site that powercoated and showed off there work so people know how well they do... ??? !!!! ??