General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Completely stumped, rep given...

Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Requiem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely stumped, rep given...

hey, mods please dont move this, it wont get any traffic in the gm forum.

I have a 97 saturn sc2, my chepa daily driver, and it has power windows, power locks, a 5 speed, and ac.

Heres the deal; when it gets hot in the car, like after work when its been in the sun, the windows wont roll down. I have replaced the up down buttons, and the relays, but it still does it.

I have no clue what it is. First thing in the morning when it is cool in the car, all is fine. No problems, its just when it is hot.
If you could help me, i would be very grateful. I will give rep to all intelligent answers.
Thanks...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I race sailboats

Will the windows move if you help them along, or does the motor not activate at all?

Could be a wiring issue

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Your window motors are going. The hotter the motor the less it works. My guess. Ways to check:

Put your window up and down a few times in a row - see how much they slow down. If they slow down after a few times in a row its almost definately your window motors.

does your window go up/down if you help it when its hot in the car?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

my dads truck does this..your windows are getting stuck to the rubber seal up top and u got weak motors probley.

my dads truck we barely shut the windows..we get them to where they just touch the shit and are all the way up but not fully seated.

if we roll them all the way up..we cant get them down till its cool out again.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Wheres the damn detonator

If your motor sounds like its at full strength, it may be the bushings in the motor. when they heat up they may just become more pliable so it wont pick up the window.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Requiem

i think the weak notor deal may be it. Thing is, when they dont roll down, you cant help them go down, its like they are stuck there for good. I fiqured if it was weak motors, the windows could be assisted down. I guess not though...
Old 10-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Modman
i think the weak notor deal may be it. Thing is, when they dont roll down, you cant help them go down, its like they are stuck there for good. I fiqured if it was weak motors, the windows could be assisted down. I guess not though...
They could. Hmm....As long as the motor is moving at least a litle you can assist it.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:43 PM

it seems kind of strange that it would affect them all equally...perhaps try getting a relay from the boneyard or borrow from a friend?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Requiem

as stated above, i already replaced the relay. IDK what it is, but im working on my Bird too, so i really dont have much dough to be playing with right now...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
isuck

re-solder the circuits for the windows/motors.
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.