General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

blue car is back no thanks to S&R

Old 03-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blue car is back no thanks to S&R

Blue car is back on the road running strong. You can read about what happen here: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...-car-dyno.html

People have been asking me If they should take their car to S&R dyno after what happen to my car there. I have been replying by saying " I dont believe they had a clue as to how a load bearing dyno operates when they first opened. My car suffered a massive meltdown as a result. But I do believe they should have it figured out by now" As of tonight I have a new altogether different opinion of S&R. I just came back from the saturday night dyno fest. I got pulled into the office by the head of operations. I was a expecting maybe an apology as to what transpired with my car. Instead I got threatened with " if you bad mouth S&R in any way I will take appropriate actions" WOW. Is all i have to say about that.

My new public response to S&R is they are a bunch of businessmen with no real world valuable knowledge on how to make a car fast. Yeah they have a pretty face and a pretty dyno. But that doesn't make your car fast. Knowledge and experience does. I wouldn't take my car there. I would look for a shop with more experience. As far as dynos are concerned they are good for showing some numbers. But on road tuning is far more valuable than any dyno. Proper load and airflow through coolers just cant be duplicated with the car standing still. I have never tuned ANY of my cars on a dyno and perhaps never will. Specially not at a shop like S&R. Not because their dyno isn't capable, but because their attitude sucks.

Tonite I was treated like a azz from an adult acting like a 6th grader. If that is how you want to be treated then please take your car to S&R.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"

Last edited by lancerman; 03-25-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Boom Chackalacka

Jerry, Seems your link doesn't work, but I searched and found it. I had not read about the blue car blowing.

I'm not sure what to say.

Seems like why it blew up in the first place no longer matters. - That's a good thing. Shows you've moved on.

If you weren't there talking shit, then it's all good. If you were there stirring shit up, then I can see where they are coming from.

I can say if anyone ever said this to me:
"you bad mouth S&R in any way I will take appropriate actions"
They would be royally fucked, as my life mission would become fucking there lives up.

They have gotten popular by posting on every board out there about the meets... Carefull... those boards will hurt as much as they can help. All it takes is one ASSHOLE with a lot of respect and friends to show up and protest peacefully for a couple weeks before there is a serious liability issue for S&R on every marketing scheme they come up with...

Last edited by pheobo; 03-24-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:23 PM

I have been following the story since day one as I had a friend who wanted to check the dyno out with his awd subby.

It is funny how shops open up with a brand new dyno, yet they have no dyno tuning experience & expect to learn on customer's cars.

With common sence as a dyno operator, tuner or even a normal person driving their own car on a dyno, you would end the WOT pass as soon as you noticed the WOT pull felt more like a flat spot i.e. x rpms took x seconds.

I don't think S&R will last long at all specifically because their staff is clueless from the sounds of various opinions I have heard.

Glad to hear your car is back on the road.

Last edited by shimano; 03-24-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Boom Chackalacka

Seems the operation of the dyno and the past events wern't an issue, unless Jerry is misleading us and leaving out critical information. Even Jerry admits that they seem to have worked out the kinks.

Seems S&R was simply on a power trip... Not good.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 PM

imo if a shop is handling you car and breaks it they should be willing to help you out at the least..even if its just figurin out what was wrong and who truly is liable for the cause..if the motor was improperly built..if they were tuning and not feeding enough fuel whatever the cause may be just help diagnose it and if they are at fault fix it..but a shop that threatens someone is no one to do business with....from your experience i can tell you i wont ever go there...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by pheobo
Jerry, Seems your link doesn't work, but I searched and found it. I had not read about the blue car blowing.

I'm not sure what to say.

Seems like why it blew up in the first place no longer matters. - That's a good thing. Shows you've moved on.

If you weren't there talking shit, then it's all good. If you were there stirring shit up, then I can see where they are coming from.

I can say if anyone ever said this to me:
"you bad mouth S&R in any way I will take appropriate actions"
They would be royally fucked, as my life mission would become fucking there lives up.

They have gotten popular by posting on every board out there about the meets... Carefull... those boards will hurt as much as they can help. All it takes is one ASSHOLE with a lot of respect and friends to show up and protest peacefully for a couple weeks before there is a serious liability issue for S&R on every marketing scheme they come up with...
I was not down there trying to stir things up. I have been supportive of the shop from day one. The first days when the shop was open I was down there with my support. I with my extensive mechanical backround helped customers out twice by taking work back to my house (since I live 3 minutes away) to try to get their cars back on the road in a pinch. Both these occassions where late at night with no compensation at all. Just trying to help a new shop out. This was after my car had already been hurt.

The problems came when I attempted to discuss with S&R about how a load bearing dyno works. They really had no clue as to the problems that can occur when used incorrectly. 3 times I was told the load was not adjustable. I called the manufacture of the dyno to find the load is infinately adjustable. The dyno sweep is also fully adjustable and that is where the problem was. The sweep setting was wWAY too long. it would have taken 33 seconds to sweep from 3-7500. Look at any dyno pull on the net and you will see the power sweep lasts only a few seconds. Maybe 8 seconds tops. Powerful cars are 2-5 seconds as they would be on the street. The more power you make the faster the sweep will be. I have the dyno printout if anyone wants to refute the facts here. But that would be silly.

I am 100% sure the damage to my car would not have occured if the sweep had been set correctly.THATS THE BOTTOM LINE. The sweep setting is something the operators of the dyno should have known how to set correctly. Unfortunately they WERE NOT and at least two cars out of six suffered damage that shouldn't have happened. S&R has made it very clear to me that they just want to protect their pretty face and sweep this under the rug. I on the other hand thinks it benefits everyone in the game to get the facts straight. This way others in the future can learn from mistakes made and hopefully avoid them. S&R clearly does not want to admit they made a mistake. And worse they resort to threatening me like a 6th grader.

Those are the facts. I think it would be best to link this to as many boards as posssible. Potential customers need to be made aware.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 03-25-2007, 07:37 AM

Good to know Jerry. It was wrong doing for them not to help you out and it was even worst that they threatened you.

If any business does me wrong or damages anything I own they better believe I'm going to go around and warn people about them. I wouldn't call it bad mouthing because its actual fact. Word of mouth and keeping customers happy is what keeps a business going. I don't see why they didn't step up admit they were wrong, help you fix the problem in which they caused. Doing that would have made you have a different perspective about them and they could have avoided all this. Seeing they didn't help you, I wonder how many other people they have screwed over or are going to. That's not how a business is ran, it seems they lack the knowledge on how to run a business as well.

I was going to go over there and check them out but it seems its not even worth the drive. I respect Jerry and I know for a fact this is true and there's plenty of other people who can vouch for him.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

This is all I will say on the subject:

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...mparacing.html

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 AM
240LSX

that was the worst thing that they could have done.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 AM
could be worse

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
This is all I will say on the subject:

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...mparacing.html
care to tell what were looking at? i read it and dont see to much that has to do with the subject

www.generationsofcabinetry.com