General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Ebay Help

Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Help

Well here's my problem. I sold a LS Hydro Tranny about early last month. Some guy paid me $625 for it. Well I shipped it out like ages ago and he called me back tpday saying He just recently got it Yesterday and that 3rd and reverse Gears was busted and don't work. I bought this tranny from SilcivicOn17s when he had it on his LS/VTEC integra. I saw the car run and i saw him take the Tranny out. It was in running perfect order. Is the buyer B.Sing? Or Was it through his own fault? I know for a Fact that the Transmission was Mint. What should i do?

Last edited by aznkhmerracernza; 09-23-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:40 PM

be as honest as you can and tell him maybe it was broken durring that long shipping period. if it really wasn't your fault, you have nothin to be worried/feel bad about.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:08 PM
shift_lock

I have had the same problem, But I sold it in person, Pulled it out running perfectly, Then get a call a few months later, that its broken. It shouldn't take someone a few months to put a tranny in, let alone find out its broken. They probably broke it doing something stupid. My advice is, Just explain to them, That if they replied to you in a reasonable ammount of time you may have been able to refund the money, Or that the trans. was sold AS IS, and was known working when sold.

They'll argue with you alot, But the point is you shouldn't have to refund someone for something they probably broke on their own.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
65mph = Starting Point

Confirm with freight company actually delivery date. If the guy is lying and he has had it for a while...most likely he installed it and broke it and now is trying to say he received it like that.

If in fact it is broken, then you should have insurance to cover the value of the item shipped which the buyer would have paid for to cover something like this.

Either way, if you buy something without written or expressed warranty, you are purchasing it "As Is".

I'm no attorney....just tryin to be helpful. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:04 AM

Here's the Original Post.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180014072681&ssPageNam e=ADME:L:EOISSA:MT:31

It was sold last month acctually. It was sent through a reputable Packing Company. All other packages I sent through them Was recieved No later then 4 days later. I was even told that he had recieved it. I gave him a 30 day period and it's past it.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Rockin' 4 more Cylinders

I wouldnt worry about it. SOunds like he is just trying to scam you......also it has Been WAaay past the time for him to claim the money back thru who ever. You gave him 30days....its a done deal in my book.

_Jake D
Old 09-23-2006, 05:28 AM

Exactly, if you feel confident that it was in working order then he's just SOL. Unless he wants to try to have the shipping company pay for it, which if it's been that long, good luck with that effort.
I mean what kind of person would purchase something then wait a month to check it over, especially buying it used. Most people will immediately check their item over for damage missing parts etc...

Last edited by SVTd; 09-23-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 AM

I doubt that 2 individual gears would strip out in shipping.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:20 PM

I've heard of people Swapping out the Gears from their Busted Tranny. Thanks For the Help.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:53 PM
2g

Its too late for him to put in a claim. He didn't recently recieve the transmission. He's messing with you. No one waits a month or so for something they paid that type of money for. Within a week I would of contacted the seller if I didn't recieve my item. Point is, he got it within a week or two after you sent it, no later then that. It was installed and he beat the shit out of the transmission. Its highly unlikely that 2 gears 3rd and reverse would suffer damage during shipping.

Just don't worry about it. Its his problem now.