General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Would You Drive One Of These?

Old 02-09-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qkvolvo
Ford does use Volvo stuff. Specially safety systems. Newer Fords, Mercurys, Mazdas are based on some of Volvo's Chasis. Electronics and technology form Volvo is crosing over to Ford. Lets just keep Volvo crosing over to ford. Dont need Ford crosing over to Volvo.
True. Ford does not need to cross into Volvo. I'd hate to see them take Volvo down with them. But I would like to see Ford use some of the power plants and styling from Volvos. I knew they were using their safety, but I'm not aware of them using Volvo chasis.
"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Teddy Roosevelt
Old 02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
...Your Mom

They don't look that bad.....
Old 02-09-2006, 03:42 PM

Currently. Ford's Five Hundred Sedan, Freestyle SUV/Wagon and Mercury Montego are based on volvo P2 platform. S40 and V50 share the P1/C1 platform with the Mazda3, as well as Ford's European C-Max and upcoming next-generation Focus. Also Ford is using the P2 Volvo platform because they can use the Volvo / Haldex designed AWD system without re designing everything from scratch. In a way Ford has taken Volvo under its wing and let Volvo be a Volvo. And has benefited form the engineering and the advanced technology Volvo has been developing for years.

For god sakes they Banned Volvo Station Wagon the 850R from racing in Europe becuse nobody could give it a run for the money. 240HP AWD.

When it comes to Turbos and AWD wagons watch your back they are Wagons From Hell.