General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

questions on registering car/transferring title...

Old 11-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Obama made me Republican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on registering car/transferring title...

ok here's the scenario.... the car i am transferring the title from is just a built shell someone sold to me(civic) (i'll put like 100 bucks on price) the car i am transferring tags from(corolla) is in my uncles name and he is signing it over to me as a gift. basically judging the scenario and with you guys experience in buying/selling cars how much am i looking at to get my civic licensed?

also how much is it to renew tags.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by lifeisviewtiful
ok here's the scenario.... the car i am transferring the title from is just a built shell someone sold to me(civic) (i'll put like 100 bucks on price) the car i am transferring tags from(corolla) is in my uncles name and he is signing it over to me as a gift. basically judging the scenario and with you guys experience in buying/selling cars how much am i looking at to get my civic licensed?

also how much is it to renew tags.
Your post doesn't make any sense. You claim to be transferring the title from one car and a tag from another car..........

Your uncle can't give you his tag if that is the question, you can both be on this car as co-owners and then you can drop his name the next time you transfer the tag but he can't just "give" you his tag. A new tag and title transfer for you is going to be in the $180 range and you'll have to pay sales tax. I'm not a big fan of claiming "gift" as sometimes they give you grief for that, just get him to sign a bill of sale that you paid him $100 for it, it's only going to cost you $7 for sales tax..........

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 11-08-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Obama made me Republican

oh ok i see what you mean......