General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Counterfit Apexi turbo timer

Old 11-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Retired Ricer...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are still wrong.. Turbo seals do not have to be "old and weak" for the synthetic oil to pass through them... Turbonetics has done research on this, and that is why they released their own brand of synthetic oils, that have been modified to prevent this from happening... If you call Turbonetics, they will tell you that they do not reccomend synthetic oils, other than the one that they put a lot of time and money into to get right... The only way I could see it safe to run a synthetic oil, would be to use a higher weight/thicker oil, to keep it from passing those seals.

Ive used conventional oil in every turbod car Ive worked on, including my own with NO problems what so ever...

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 11-05-2005, 03:40 PM
putting on the ritz

Originally Posted by InsaneCivicSedan
You are still wrong.. Turbo seals do not have to be "old and weak" for the synthetic oil to pass through them... Turbonetics has done research on this, and that is why they released their own brand of synthetic oils, that have been modified to prevent this from happening... If you call Turbonetics, they will tell you that they do not reccomend synthetic oils, other than the one that they put a lot of time and money into to get right... The only way I could see it safe to run a synthetic oil, would be to use a higher weight/thicker oil, to keep it from passing those seals.

Ive used conventional oil in every turbod car Ive worked on, including my own with NO problems what so ever...
Yeah, let's trust Turbonetics, who, like you said, SELLS THEIR OWN PRODUCT to give us consumers LEGIT information.

Because so many companies will tell you to buy the competitions product!

Hey John, I researched my own water, if you drink it for a week straight you'll get all the ladies. Want to buy some? Regular water won't get you ladies!

PS; even if Turbonetics is honest, because so many companies are, then you're comparing TURBONETICS version of CONVENTIONAL oil, obviously with additives, to REGULAR oil. We aren't. Conventional, plain old, bought off the shelf oil.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
VALE TUDO!

phebo is a ricer, if you dont believe me ask him your self

thats a bad ass copy, i wanna make bootleg shit like that and turn a profit haha
Old 11-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Boom Chackalacka

I made this thread to make us ricers aware of a cheaper alternative... Stop with all the bickering...

I can't even read fast, Can you type slower please?

Y is everything a pissing contest? Look... you have a turbo timer (applauding... whistles in the background... little kids chanting your name Dom! Dom! Dom! Dom! Dom!)

And to think I thought I might get some rep points for posting up so that some people (maybe they are ricers, but they're still people, right?) won't get ripped off.

/thread....