General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mitsu EVO owners

Old 12-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I love to choke people.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsu EVO owners

I would like to hear praise/complaints for the EVOs. I'm thinking of selling the Civic to purchase one. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Praise? hehe....I've heard complaints....
enjoy: http://www.evolutionm.net/

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 12-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Omnipotence

Hearing complaints from people on evolutionm.net is like giving a monkey a car and asking why it's broken and doesn't work right.

99.99% of people off that message board are complete morons and shouldn't be allowed to own an evo, none the less use the internet.

You might be better off if you ask this question in mitsutech.

All you will get here is complaints from people who have never owned, driven or probably even sat in an evo and hate it cause they probably got their ass handed to them by one.

And also make sure you look at the source before you take into consideration the praise/problems that person is having.

I do know that on a stock turbo/stock engine there are guys running 11.2 @ 123 mph. Show me any other turbo car with the same displacement doing the same on a stock turbo.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:58 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

the biggest complaint I've heard off is Mitsu NOT HONORING waranties..... and it's not just on that site, it's been mentioned in magazines like AutoWeek. That's the reason I didn't buy one.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Omnipotence

Originally posted by RiceRocket
the biggest complaint I've heard off is Mitsu NOT HONORING waranties..... and it's not just on that site, it's been mentioned in magazines like AutoWeek. That's the reason I didn't buy one.
This is true. But it seems people use that as a not buying factor when they are not honoring warranties for people who take their car to the track every week and beat the living piss out of it then complain when something breaks. Hence one of the reasons why the cost of the cars are where they are at. You can thank the car owners for that. Also Subaru has started doing this along with other companies. They will void your warranty if they feel that you have abused the car or use it in any kind of racing event.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:13 AM
PSSHHH x2

Originally posted by 4drwhore

I do know that on a stock turbo/stock engine there are guys running 11.2 @ 123 mph. Show me any other turbo car with the same displacement doing the same on a stock turbo.
ummm, mike and joe's project is pretty damn close...and that is with a smaller turbo, and smaller injectors aswell i believe. btw, its probably those same guys who are bitching about their warranty not being held up cause they are launching off the limiter, powershifting, and cranking the boost up cause they are too cheap to do mod the right way.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

ANY CAR should be able to handle an auto-x or 2, unmodded. If the car breaks that easily, than it has a defect, and if they won't warrenty it, than I wouldn't buy it. Un-modded cars have known to break easily....even with good drivers.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Omnipotence

Originally posted by Sneakin Deacon
ummm, mike and joe's project is pretty damn close...and that is with a smaller turbo, and smaller injectors aswell i believe. btw, its probably those same guys who are bitching about their warranty not being held up cause they are launching off the limiter, powershifting, and cranking the boost up cause they are too cheap to do mod the right way.
I'm talking full weight, full interior. Not a gut box. Thanks though.(If it is the same project I am thinking of)

I do agree with you about the people complaining about their warranty not behing upheld.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:15 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Good cars, have their weak points but most of them are easily avoided or easily fixed by the aftermarket. I wouldn't buy one new from Mitsu because I don't like Mitsubishi, crappy company. It's a car I'd get used a few years down the road, when it's 5 or 6 years old- if you can find one that hasn't been abused by an idiot. Idiots seem to make up a disproportionately large percentage of Evo owners. For many examples of this, go to the board linked a few posts up.