General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Nitrous Done With ? Turbos / Blowers Taking Over ? Cars soon going 5's in the 1/4 ?

Old 11-24-2004, 03:42 PM
i eat hamburgers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ignorance is bliss.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Daddy-O

nah it's not bliss.. it's type-j-spec....
Old 11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Originally posted by type-j-spec
no more pussy juice,i mean really engine vs engine,mech vs mech.i mean any idiot can throw some NAWZ in the trunk.
wow......what ignorance! We arent talking Gandy rice cars here.

But as to the original post...I think they should let Turbos in that class and keep the restrictions to a minimum. If nitrous ends up not being competitve...so be it. There are many other classes nitrous will always be competitve in. Turbos are still advancing....I would like to see 5 second Pro Mods.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 11-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Old School

I have a friend who relies on pure nitrous and carbs as his setup.His old car ran mid to low 8's on a 250 shot.He sold the car and plans to redo another nitrous/carb setup.Turbos will always make more power but he seems to be more consistent with nitrous vs turbo equipped cars of the same weight.These cars i'm reffering to are little rotarie powered buckets.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:48 AM

Originally posted by Scott
Yes any idiot can throw a kit on that is running under a 200 shot

thats my point

and if you have the money and know how to build any engine for alot of juice then you can go from 200 shot to whatever and all you have to do is THROW ANOTHER BOTTLE IN THE TRUNK.

and using NAWZ is meant in jest buick.

when using more boost from a turbo you are going to have to do alot more then that.am i wrong.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Daddy-O

Originally posted by type-j-spec

and if you have the money and know how to build any engine for alot of juice then you can go from 200 shot to whatever and all you have to do is THROW ANOTHER BOTTLE IN THE TRUNK.
Sorry to spoil your blissful ignorance, but there's just a little more to it then throwing another bottle in the trunk when going to a bigger shot..

Of course you can't seem to get beyond the FNF mindset, so I'm not going to waste my time.. If you were serious I would take time to list some of the issues that you need to get into with nitrous to make it work properly..

Scott, Turbo's are definately the power adder of choice at this point in time, but with anything I'm sure there will be advancements made in the nitrous field that will allow them to better compete with the turbos.. Right now on a SB, there is pretty much a limit to the amount of nitrous a motor can handle without coming apart due to heat/cylinder pressure...

We'll just have to see how it goes, but it's going to be interesting..
Old 11-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

I think there will be a limit on nitrous...if its not already there. The advances made with nitrous will be in its delivery...and to the motors themselves.

But I see it as NA + nitrous = engine running on vacum. Volumteric efficiency has a peak. Basically if all the mass flowing into the motor was nitrous and fuel. That would be about it in terms of max power.

We all know motors are nothing but pumps. Think of it in terms of pumping water through a pipe. If you put the pump at the end of the pipe and try to suck (vacum) the water to the end...there is a limit that will be reached since you cant have more than absolute vacuum on one side and 14.7 psi on the other. PSID max will be whatever ambient is. Nitrous would be like making the water 1/3 more dense...thats all.

If you place the pump to push the water out from its source...the sky is the limit. 15 psi...30 psi...3000 psi..whatever. In car terms you just need to figure out how to control the cylinder pressure through available fuel and tuning to see what pressure you can get away with.

For all out engineering in the top classes with no holds barred...I think boosted cars are going to continue to advance at a much faster rate.

I dont belive that quite applies to the lower classes due to money required for some of this stuff.

And on the street...nitrous is still KING!

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap

Last edited by HybridSS; 11-29-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Strokd85
Sorry to spoil your blissful ignorance, but there's just a little more to it then throwing another bottle in the trunk when going to a bigger shot..

Of course you can't seem to get beyond the FNF mindset, so I'm not going to waste my time.. If you were serious I would take time to list some of the issues that you need to get into with nitrous to make it work properly..

Scott, Turbo's are definately the power adder of choice at this point in time, but with anything I'm sure there will be advancements made in the nitrous field that will allow them to better compete with the turbos.. Right now on a SB, there is pretty much a limit to the amount of nitrous a motor can handle without coming apart due to heat/cylinder pressure...

We'll just have to see how it goes, but it's going to be interesting..
if your going to explain something then do it,i am very open to hearing what you have to say.what im saying is it is harder to make a car faster without nitrous,and cost more money.im sure handling that much juice isnt easy but its kinda cheezy in my view to go get a refill and turn a slow 150hp + juice into 250-300hp(with built internals)but thats just me.