General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

short fabricating question

Old 09-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Hard Drive Hustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bill
The handbrake is simply a lever connected to some steel braided line. You could put the damned thing in the glovebox if so inclined. Only issues you'll run into is cable length, fabrication, and ensuring that the cable runs snag free.
Thats what I figured, that it wasn't anything super complicated, just a matter of making space and making sure it won't malfunction. Thank you sir.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Leonard
Actually it's where it is for a very specific technically sound reason.
Is this the same reason that the ignition is on the left hand side?? Which from what i understand is so during the LeManns style starts the drivers could put the car into gear with their right hand while turning the ingition with their left. Thus giving a slight edge on start's.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Hard Drive Hustler

I didn't know that, but why would you need to gear and ebrake at the same time?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

why dont you just clutch kick it. that is much easier than hand braking it. plus you loose all of your speed when you use the hand brake. i think you should use the hand brake when you are more advanced for hold really long slides and maintaining them. just clutch kick and weight shift. its that easy.

but i do agree that the hand brake is in an inconvenient spot.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Hard Drive Hustler

Originally posted by buck19
why dont you just clutch kick it. that is much easier than hand braking it. plus you loose all of your speed when you use the hand brake. i think you should use the hand brake when you are more advanced for hold really long slides and maintaining them. just clutch kick and weight shift. its that easy.

but i do agree that the hand brake is in an inconvenient spot.
The hand brake isn't someone you hold up, and you barely pull it, its just to throw your car's weight around. So if you're losing large amounts of speed you're pulling for too long or too much.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

i know how to use an ebrake, but you really dont use the ebrake for weight transfer. you use the circular thing right in front of you.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Hard Drive Hustler

Your right, you steer the car into the turn, ebrake, and then countersteer. As I said before, not gonna argue technique, just want to know if you can.