General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Bad Body Work/ Car Repair

Old 04-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Using The Force Of N/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Body Work/ Car Repair

My car was wrecked in the Rear back in Nov. of 2003. Since I wasn't at fault the other guys insurance had to pay so I took my car straight to Acura (figuring they'd do the best job on my Teg). They did the repairs in 4 weeks time (they told me 2) and everything looked pretty good ( I don't know much about body work though). Ever since I've had my car back I've had a few people tell me there are sandpaper indentions everywhere and that a few things are uneven. Then today my friend barely even leans on my car the the whole rear quarter panel popped into the car. We were able to pop most of it back out but its still not right but when we took it appart we also noticed that it was all wavy inside the car but farely smooth outside. Those Fuckers Bondoed my car! They told me they were going to (and they should have anyways) replace the whole quarter panel. So what do I do? I can take it back to Ferman Collision but they are most likely going to turn me away. They have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty guranteeing a quality job and everything but I doubt they'll honor that. So I could really use some extra info on how to get this all straightened out. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Dr. Doom

hopefully the warranty works out.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Using The Force Of N/A

yeah....never even realized this till now but the side that was hit flexes when you push your hand on it and the other side that wasn't hit wont move for shit.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Using The Force Of N/A

I really need more advise on this.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I have O.C.D.

take it to the manager of the shop.if not take it to the general manager of the dealership.if that doesn't work call channel 13
investigators.good luck
Old 04-13-2004, 09:24 PM

BBB
Old 04-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Livin' Large

Do you have the original invoice from when the car was fixed? Even though you didn't pay for it, you should have received a copy. If it says they hung a new quarter, you can probably get it fixed (with a fight) If not, and you accepted it, it's your word against their's, and you know how that can get.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:15 AM

Either way, a dealership using Bondo? Priceless. That'd make a wonderful story for the quality of care given by Acura, the "luxury" line of Honda.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Livin' Large

Yeah, I would definately make a point of sharing this story with ALOT of people.
You're always going to need a little bit of filler when body work is done, but to just fill dents with bondo is ridiculous. I think Maaco even tries to get the dents out a little before they start piling on the bondo

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 04-14-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:38 AM
drives euro trash

If it is an approved shop by your insurance company, the shop will honor the repair for the life of your car (depending on your insurance company).

If not, they should honor the warranty given to you by the Acura dealership. As long as it is in writing somewhere, you should have yourself covered. Dealerships like to push people around because they know 99% of people out there don't have a backbone to stand up for themselves for shitty repair work. Stick to your guns and you should be fine, especially if you are within that warranty period.