General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Tornado Fuel Saver

Old 09-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Manwhore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado Fuel Saver

I was watching TV and this shit came on

http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/info/

Anyone ever heard of this? See what you think of it

Imagine a mini-tornado on its side moving through the intakes of your automobile. It causes better fuel atomization, resulting in an increase of gas mileage anywhere from 7-28%. These figures are confirmed by road testing.
Dyno testing shows 4-13 added horsepower as well! The TornadoFuelSaver is easy to install; 2-5 minutes usually, requires no maintenance and is an affordable addition to most passenger cars, light trucks and RVs on the road.
TR Lebanese Mafia Member #003

Originally posted by Captainb16
everytime i get close to getting a girls number you guys ruin it or somebody locks the thread.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Grift Consultant

they work. had one on my mitsu pickup. went from 22mpg to 26mpg.

make sure your intake tubing is smooth -- no baffled pieces, etc. before installing one. baffled, bumpy tubing creates turbulence, which renders the tornado useless.
"The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable." ~Andrea Dworkin

"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law." ~Henry David Thoreau, 1849

That's right, bitches, TWO quotes!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:57 PM
THE HAMMER

ghey gimmick........
Old 09-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Manwhore

i had never heard of it before, thats cool tho that it works
TR Lebanese Mafia Member #003

Originally posted by Captainb16
everytime i get close to getting a girls number you guys ruin it or somebody locks the thread.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 PM
THE HAMMER

I dont believe whatsoever that it does.. I dont see how the tornado could stay tougether through the piping, past the throttle body, and then through the intake manifold
Old 09-16-2003, 11:28 PM
The thirst mutilator

I dunno wtf that thing is about, sounds like bullshit, I dunno and want to see first hand if it works or not.
than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year"
-Nathan Explosion (Brendon Small)
Old 09-17-2003, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by perdition79
they work. had one on my mitsu pickup. went from 22mpg to 26mpg.

make sure your intake tubing is smooth -- no baffled pieces, etc. before installing one. baffled, bumpy tubing creates turbulence, which renders the tornado useless.
Sucker . . .
Old 09-17-2003, 03:38 AM
LS1FTW

80 bucks for this crap, just drive like all the old senior citizens out their for better mpg. and for the power gain thats a load of bs swirling air as it goes into your intake will have no effect on better performance. this crap or tornado doesnt pull more air into your engine so i still dont see how its suppose to give you more hp...BS....
Old 09-17-2003, 04:44 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Intake restriction. You can also get theone for your exhaust so you can have an exhaust restriction too. Total bullshit gizmo. You'd be better off with the bilge blower turbo.

LOL..I just checked the website. I see the testimonial is now gone that told how one guy's car went faster at the same engine rpm after he installed the tornado. I kept pointing out to the the manufacturer that his little gizmo could not possibly change the gearing in the car so this was total bullshit. I guess he finally figured it out and deleted that particular testimonial.

Last edited by DrDirt; 09-17-2003 at 04:51 AM.