Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Why is everyone doing this???

Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Bondsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$700 for someone to tell you a carbed car needs a distributor????? That's abuse!!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 AM

i dont remember the details of the discount, i'll ask the teacher later today but i believe it goes as list price, i just ordered alot of stuff for dad's mustang, i'll get the paper work later after school.

MiniBoost
Old 03-24-2011, 04:25 AM

i wont be up at the car show today, i have to pull off the rotors off my dad's stang and bring them to school to be shaved, plus it would be awkward anyways seeing how one of my hearing aids went out and it was on my good ear.

MiniBoost
Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
untamedgurl

It's okay I cant' go either. Something happened to the clutch as I was pulling out yesterday and now I have to get that checked out. It really never ends with this car.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:55 PM

details on the clutch? might be able to give you an idea, i have too much exp. with clutches lol

MiniBoost
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 AM
untamedgurl

i stepped down on the clutch and the thing just totally made a popping sound and went all loose. damn thing. i had to push it back in the drive way
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by untamedgurl
i stepped down on the clutch and the thing just totally made a popping sound and went all loose. damn thing. i had to push it back in the drive way

Is the pedal now resting on the floor or just loose and does nothing? If so the cable broke.
The aftermarket 'Chinese' cables are notorious for this. Though rare the OEM cables do fray and break from time to time especially if they were not mounted to the quadrant correctly.

Spend the few extra dollars and go to the dealer and get the Ford OEM replacement cable. They run about $60. Dont get the $19 Chinese cable. You will have the same problem all over again, they dont last. I'm assuming you have a T5 in your car? So order one for a 94/95 GT. You have a 99 with a 302 conversion. If you ask for one for a 99 GT they will give you a cable for a T45 behind a 4.6,.. though it should work fine I am not sure if they are the correct length for a T5 behind a 302.

Also this is something you should be able to do on your own so you dont have to pay a shop labor to do for you.
Its a very simple job and should not take more than an hour even for a novice to do. Typically 10 - 15 min job. Hardest part for me is getting my fat ass under the dash to hook it up to the quadrant. PM me if you have any questions or concerns doing it yourself. Or if you really arent comfortable do you have any mechanically inclined brothers or boyfriends that can do this for you? It really is very simple to do. If you can change a tire or battery you can do this.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"

Last edited by Hurstmeister; 03-25-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 PM

Well I did go to the car show, met a nice kid and his g/f in a white cobra, some decent cars there.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM
untamedgurl

Originally Posted by Hurstmeister
Is the pedal now resting on the floor or just loose and does nothing? If so the cable broke.
The aftermarket 'Chinese' cables are notorious for this. Though rare the OEM cables do fray and break from time to time especially if they were not mounted to the quadrant correctly.

Spend the few extra dollars and go to the dealer and get the Ford OEM replacement cable. They run about $60. Dont get the $19 Chinese cable. You will have the same problem all over again, they dont last. I'm assuming you have a T5 in your car? So order one for a 94/95 GT. You have a 99 with a 302 conversion. If you ask for one for a 99 GT they will give you a cable for a T45 behind a 4.6,.. though it should work fine I am not sure if they are the correct length for a T5 behind a 302.

Also this is something you should be able to do on your own so you dont have to pay a shop labor to do for you.
Its a very simple job and should not take more than an hour even for a novice to do. Typically 10 - 15 min job. Hardest part for me is getting my fat ass under the dash to hook it up to the quadrant. PM me if you have any questions or concerns doing it yourself. Or if you really arent comfortable do you have any mechanically inclined brothers or boyfriends that can do this for you? It really is very simple to do. If you can change a tire or battery you can do this.

Hurst
thanks for advice. definitely going to check that out.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 PM
untamedgurl

Yea it hasnt been as good as it used to be. i think people are getting bored of it.