Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

help and advise on chip

Old 11-17-2009, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help and advise on chip

ok im gettin a new diablo sport delta chip for my 98 GT and i was wonderin if anyone knows where i can get the chip tuned/flashed. and if its worth getting
any advise is very helpful

i havent gotten it yet
Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM

Not worth getting. You dont need a chip for 96 - 04 cars. They are for mail order tunes and do not provide the custom touch that a true tuner can give you.

Brian of EFI-Unlimited can tune your stock computer better then any mail order tune can. The initial dyno tune may cost a little more then that chip. But once he has you in his computer,.. anything you change,.. he can do touch up tunes for a fraction of the cost.

Have you done the PI head swap yet? If not then personally I would hold off on getting any tuning done. With stock NPI heads and intake its doubtful that you will see more then 5hp from tuning. Even though they advertise +20 - +30hp from those chips,.. they lie! I paid $225 for a Jet Stage2 chip for my 96 GT. They advertised +20hp. I had the chip and every single bolt on you can think of with long tubes and I never exceeded 208 RWHP. If you want,.. I still have the JET chip. Its for 96 - 98 5 spd cars. $25 and you can try it out and see if it does anything. Diablo and SCT are better then this crappy chip,.. but for $25 it wont break the bank to try it out. You might make 5 - 10 off of it. No promises. Your supposed to run nothing but 93 octane with it. I believe it just turns up the timing a little bit. Not sure what else it does. It just plugs into the top of your computer. Its that simple.

If your ready for a tune.. contact EFI-Unlimited here on TR. He's local to Tampa. If not,.. buy my chip and play around with it.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"

Last edited by Hurstmeister; 11-17-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 AM

hmmmmm, im lookin for some bolt ons as well if u have any layin around lol
so tell me about the chip, do u have to send it in?
im thinkin if i try these chips and nothin works, i can just turn around and sell them
Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Superwes98
hmmmmm, im lookin for some bolt ons as well if u have any layin around lol
so tell me about the chip, do u have to send it in?
im thinkin if i try these chips and nothin works, i can just turn around and sell them

The JET Performance chip is not tunable. (Not that I know of anyway???)
It has a preset tune in it that was advertised to add +20 - +30HP to 96 - 98 4.6 5spd Mustangs. I'm telling you in all honesty that you probably wont see 20 - 30 hp. At least my seat of the pants meter didnt feel anything. 5 - 10 at the most. About what you would see from a CAI or TB except for $25,.. much much cheaper. And for $25 I would think a $225 chip would be very resellable. At least get your money back out of it.

The chip would be good for someone with a basically stock 96 - 98 GT,.. maybe a couple cheap bolt ons and wants a little crisper engine response. Thats what this chip would be good for. I did notice that the engine responded and revved a little quicker then before I put it on. But gaining 1 sec ET in the 1/4 from it.. that I wont promise.

Just took some pics of it. It does the same thing as the SCT and Diablo. Though agreeably not as good as the programmable ones. This one just has a 1 size fits all tune on it. Its been sitting here on my computer desk for the last 2 yrs. Its not a very popular chip and most have not even heard of JET PERFORMANCE.

$25.00 or add $5 if you want me to box it up and ship it.

Hurst

"We all heart the Hurst"

Last edited by Hurstmeister; 11-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM

well i could pick it up, where r u located?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM

New Port Richey.

About 5 mins from 54 and 19.

Mapquest link
Map of 4748 Fleetwood St New Port Richey, FL by MapQuest

727-919-7065
Jim

"We all heart the Hurst"