Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

GREEEAT!!! (help please)

Old 12-27-2001, 05:51 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well just as i get ready to put my car back to stock to sell it......i drive it yesterday and i am hearing this clanking sound as im going over bumps i get under the car--(rear) and see fluid on my right muffler coming from somewhere up there (im guessing top of diff) well greeat! now i gotta fix this shit---

any ideas on what it can be??????? the car drives fine and all but when i hit the littlest bump it starts sounding like coke cans are in my trunk greeat!!!! im guessing the diff is loose or broke but wouldnt that make it feel funny while driving? everything still feels fine

anyway when i get home im gonna get under there and get a better look and try to get some pics as well-------
Old 12-27-2001, 06:58 AM
~ST0N3D~

Isnt there a gasket that seals the housing? Thats probably what went out or did you put too much fluid in it?
Old 12-27-2001, 07:59 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 5SlowRacer
Isnt there a gasket that seals the housing? Thats probably what went out or did you put too much fluid in it?
there is but that doesnt explain the clunking if it were just leaking it shouldnt be making sounds ....
Old 12-27-2001, 09:22 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

well i found out what it was---my rear sway bar snapped at the first bolt on the passenger side---as far as the fluid ther is fluid in the muffler and next to it but the whole diff housing is dry i guess it came from the road it is old and sticky not runny and liiks like motor oil--so who knows about that

im just glad it wasnt my diff after all and ford will prolly give me a sway bar free---cuz they hook you up like that on shit thats not supposed to break.....
Old 12-27-2001, 09:56 AM
~ST0N3D~

Thats good atleast it wasnt your diff. and if ford will hook you up with stuff thats not suppose to break tell them I want a whole new car hahaha
Old 12-27-2001, 11:26 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

all seals visible areas look fine it is wierd---

it looks like i was driving backwards and the diff let out oil onto the exhaust and some of the body but the diff and tranny are totally dry?????????

maybe i ran over a quart of oil or something??? who knows?