Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Need Suggestions About Where to Get A Good Glide ?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NMRA Renegade cars run c-4's that manage to live without much problem...a lot of them going all year without touching them...i never had any problems with my c4 but i only wnet 147 with it

www.racinginnovationsfl.com
www.xsrcylinderheads.com
4.842@156 and 7.53@192 on radials
Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
You can thank me later...

Originally Posted by n8secstangg
NMRA Renegade cars run c-4's that manage to live without much problem...a lot of them going all year without touching them...i never had any problems with my c4 but i only wnet 147 with it

Congrats to you for getting your C4 to work, how long was it for ? Mine functions fine until it gets stupid hot after a run or two. Shifts are instant when cool.

Renegade cars are not getting street miles. I like going almost 150 mph at the track and then driving it around town too. And I have another 10lbs of boost to try out one of these days. But good point and it is why I called Dynamic and asked why the trans I have from them would not hold up to the task since Renegade and some other classes do. They agreed the weight, street miles, and lots of TQ is the killer. The Renegade cars go fast with HP.

Every trans company I have talked to this week and last said I am on borrowed time with the C4 and not to bother trying to get one to work long term over 650/650 because it will be short lived any way you cut it.

Seems if I change the fluid after every trip to the track there is no issues. It is when I try to get a couple of trips to the track on the same fluid the viscosity of the fluid is not hanging in there. At least this what what I think the deal is. Supposedly the tractor fluid I am going to try is some serious shit that will help the intermediary band from slipping which is what I am doing. It is a kevlar one too.

If I ever want to see what the car will do it is not going to be with a trans that is not intended to see more than 650/650 and on a heavier car to boot.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:53 AM

so its not really a tranny issue buta fluid issue...we have the same kind of problem with our race car, we change the fluid ever tripto the track...we started using some amsoil compressor oil and it seems to hold up much better but we still change it every race...i know ptc has recommended the hydraullic oil to us before also we just never tried it...as far as regular fluids we only had good luck with the lucas synthetic tranny fluid, it was the best that we ever tried for conventional fluid...what does your car make for torque?

www.racinginnovationsfl.com
www.xsrcylinderheads.com
4.842@156 and 7.53@192 on radials