Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

alternator....................... again

Old 05-05-2007, 09:24 AM
realer than most

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry alternator....................... again

well my 4 month old NEW alternator is out AGAIN!?!1!!!!111

im so fucking pissed off.. and i called advance because i have a "lifetime" warranty on it and they said if it tests good then they arent replacing it.. and when they tested my old BAD one they said it was good..

i know for a fact it's the alternator.. but does anyone have an idea why it would be bad again? it's only been 4 months and it was a brand new alternator.. i dont know what is causing it to not work..
Old 05-05-2007, 09:34 AM

Ever heard you get what you pay for. They sell junk. I got stuck one night and just made it to there. Bad one on my car. The car has an volt gauge and it took three to find one to even charge with the lights on. Two weeks later it was dead. Lifetime warranty. I traded it on for a car cover with them. Car cover rotted away in a few months.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 AM

alternator fuse....it's worth a shot 2 check it

Old 05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Shake n' Bake

poor job rebuilding it.....

Old 05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
realer than most

i just took it off..i swear to god if they dont replace it shit is goin down..
Old 05-05-2007, 11:57 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
well my 4 month old NEW alternator is out AGAIN!?!1!!!!111

im so fucking pissed off.. and i called advance because i have a "lifetime" warranty on it and they said if it tests good then they arent replacing it.. and when they tested my old BAD one they said it was good..

i know for a fact it's the alternator.. but does anyone have an idea why it would be bad again? it's only been 4 months and it was a brand new alternator.. i dont know what is causing it to not work..
maybe because it's madia in fucking India?
Old 05-05-2007, 12:08 PM
POTENTIALLY FAST

here's another thought.........when I first got into mustangs in 98, same problem with alternators..........then somebody off another website mentioned something I tried and I never replaced another alternator unless it was bad when I bought the car..............get a battery with higher cranking ams (cold cranking amps)not the just barely get you buy one they advise............the guy told me they are always charging and discharging and it's as though the alternator is "overworking" itself. Does it make sense, I don't know. Have I owned 41 mustangs since 98 (3 at the moment) and never replaced another alternator..........yes. worth a shot.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:14 PM
GOT NOS?

Well I would replace that advance alt with one from Ford. I know I work for Ford but I have had very good luck with my Ford stuff. If you don't want a Ford one then try Napa. We get parts for our used cars from Napa and have had good luck with them.
03 Cobra, 01 Hayabusa, 06 Scion xB 3.0 #347.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Mechanical Engineer

Originally Posted by racingrick
here's another thought.........when I first got into mustangs in 98, same problem with alternators..........then somebody off another website mentioned something I tried and I never replaced another alternator unless it was bad when I bought the car..............get a battery with higher cranking ams (cold cranking amps)not the just barely get you buy one they advise............the guy told me they are always charging and discharging and it's as though the alternator is "overworking" itself. Does it make sense, I don't know. Have I owned 41 mustangs since 98 (3 at the moment) and never replaced another alternator..........yes. worth a shot.
jesus

i did the same thing with my fox. but i went from a powermaster piece of shit (whole story in itself) to a discount alt for a 94 GT and never had a problem

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 05-05-2007, 02:31 PM
realer than most

well i put the new one on.. the alt was fucked up.. so i got the car running again.. im gonna wash/wax her tommorow morning and throw up some pics.. i havent taken any in a while..

well if it happens again i'll buy one from ford..

thanks for the advice everyone!!