Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Ok I know I will catch crap for this!

Old 12-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Ghillied up and ready.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just have super long throttle cable(SN-95's have real long cables) no Kickdown its electronic on my car.

"Congressmen who willfuly take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged".
President Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-09-2006, 09:10 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

There is a set up for that too. When we put an sbc in my buddies X turbo buick we got it somwhere. its was the cable mount then it had like a mechanism that then inturn went to the car. If him tonight ill ask him
Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 AM
is doing your girlfriend

Originally Posted by freakyfast95GTS
not sure if I have room under the hood for an Enclosure thats why I was thinking a blowthrough, blowthrough speed demon is cheaper in the long run because I wont end up spending so much on tuning and reflashes, I can recoup some money on my FI stuff and I will not have to.Figure I can recoup around $850 on my FI stuff, I already have an intake, regulator is 150, carb was $600 bonnet around $100, So at this point its even, Linkage,misc things $200 more, tuning is 100/hr so after 2 hours of tuning I break even, thats if I dont have to have more done down the road,I want 10's and driveability (not daily driver,weekends only) still kicking this around right now so correct me if I'm off base.
Wow, that sounds like what i have been telling you for a while.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 AM
brings his heater.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:42 PM
lives in a glass house

when i finally go turbo, you bet your ass its going to be EFI! just my .02

Originally Posted by cochese
Focus on getting that piece shit down the track, stop posting stories.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Destroyer of fords

Originally Posted by shinysideup
turbomustangs.com

exactly. there are a ton of people doing blow through with supercharges on there. just read for a while and most questions will be answered. a great bunch of guys who know their shit.

as for a carb i would reccomend CSU or C&S and stay away from an enclosure. they have been doing it for years whereas BG is fairly new to the game. you can use a stock fox distributor if you are on a budget. for a throttle cable you can buy one for a 85gt from ford (i bought one about two years ago, i assume they still have them).
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I give out Dutch Ovens!!!

Originally Posted by freakyfast95GTS
OK I need to know what I will need to change over to a blow through Carb setup.
So far I have:
1.Carb Intake(I have Performer RPM)
2.Carb(thinking of using a blowthrough Speed demon)
3.Aeromotive Regulator(to lower pressure from FI to Carb Levels)
4.Carb fuel Log
5.Top Hat(or enclosure)
6.Linkage for Carb
7.Distributor
8.Trans controller for my 4R70W

any reccomendations for carb other than the speed demon?
So this is the "BIG" change on the car, sorry man finally gettin my car fixed up this week and finals, but if you need a hand just ask (starting next Tuesday) I mite not be as skilled as some of these other guys, but a extra pair of hands wont hurt man
-Josh