Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Our Orlando trip

Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our Orlando trip

First off thanks to everyone that gave us a hand for the last 2 weeks, especially Rob and Joe from Fordspeed, and Steve from CRT, without them we wouldn' have made it there...we tested the sunday before and tagged the wall with the nose and had it fixed by monday night...went testing tuesday and made a 330' hit on an easy setting, second pass broke the converter before the 330'..so we loaded up and went to the shop to remove the tranny and verify what broke, PTC couldnt get us the parts in time for us to leave so we had them overnight the part to Orlando..so we loaded up the car with no tranny in it, friday morning we didnt recieve our parts in time so we had to buy a new Neal Chance Bolt together there..got the tranny back in in time to make the 1st qualifying hit..Corey rolled through the burnout box, started the burnout,shifted second and rolled out...i got out in front of him to back him up and the car has no reverse...WTF???...we get the car back to the pits to find out that we left the damn cotter pin holding the cable to the linkage was gone and the cable popped out...no big deal..friday night we decided to bring the car up on boost in the pits to see how the converter works...bring it up and the thing wont rev past 2400rpm and makes no boost..WTF again??? so we yanked the tranny back out again and found that the pump gears broke and wasnt moving any fluid so we had Steve at CRT rebuild it there at the track...put the tranny back in it saturday morning just in time for 2nd round...we made an easy pass and went 7.94@185, not bad for the very first complete pass on this set-up, third qualifying round we didnt change much and we busted off a 7.77@187...not bad for 2nd pass ever on it...converter was too loose, 17% slippage..we decided to leave it loose so we could be consistent and not worry about blowing the tires off...1st round of elims and our opponent rolled through the staging beams and was redlit so we had a freebie..2nd round our opponent went in the beams in a timely matter and didnt try to burn us down...so corey went in also and the ambers came on and we only had 2lbs of boost...corey got tree'd .068 to a .397 but we really didnt worry about it because we knew we could run by him without a problem...then about 200 ft out the car broke the input shaft and we lost...all in all we did very well for the new combintion, #3 qualifier on its 2nd full pass with a loose converter...we are having the input shaft problem handled and the we tightened the converter up, hopefully we should be back out testing soon...sorry this was a short novel but it was a long couple of weeks..thanks to everyone for the support...

chad

www.racinginnovationsfl.com
www.xsrcylinderheads.com
4.842@156 and 7.53@192 on radials

Last edited by n8secstangg; 11-01-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Awesome job guys!

Always a good show.Didnt get to see your 360 last week, they made me suit up to run right after. Glad everything came out ok.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:35 PM

Chad you said you the converter was too loose, 17% slippage.

how do you know that, is that an option on the fast that i don't know about or did Steve tell you that. If it sounds like a stupid question, I'm just wondering doesnt hurt to ask
Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
is doing your girlfriend

Originally Posted by limegreenneon
Chad you said you the converter was too loose, 17% slippage.

how do you know that, is that an option on the fast that i don't know about or did Steve tell you that. If it sounds like a stupid question, I'm just wondering doesnt hurt to ask
Wallace Racing - Converter Slip Calculator

Pretty easy to figure out.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 11-01-2006, 06:52 PM

ahhh thanks alot. Im going to bookmark that one

Rep for you
Old 11-01-2006, 07:55 PM
refinish artist

Very nice Chad,I'm sure you guys will get it figured out,you guys busted your ass to get it down the track,now you'll have some time to get some good testing in before competition.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 11-02-2006, 05:08 AM

we used our racepak to tell us the converter slippage...but yes it is kinda easy to figure out as well

www.racinginnovationsfl.com
www.xsrcylinderheads.com
4.842@156 and 7.53@192 on radials
Old 11-02-2006, 06:02 AM
brings his heater.

if you didn't have so much hp, you wouldn't break shit so easy.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:07 AM
POTENTIALLY FAST

was wondering why we didn't see you run

nice numbers, once it's all sorted out you'll really cook...........
Old 11-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Jonathon

what was the deal with everyone trying to burn the turbo guys down, the officals finally had enough and was redlighting the guys doing it.