Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Fox Radiator and Fan Recommendations?

Old 08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
h9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use a mark8 fan.you have to do some mods to the fan to get it to fit right.let me know if your interested on how to install one.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 AM
has his prioritys ef'd up

For the MkVIIIfan you need to trim all the way around and flatten the lip to the radiator. As for the radiator, I use a Summit/Northern Radiator, works well, and cost just right. But the taurus fan is a great fan as well.
2005 Excursion (Big Pig)
Old 08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
GB
Great Cornholio

Originally Posted by BigDawg
For the MkVIIIfan you need to trim all the way around and flatten the lip to the radiator. As for the radiator, I use a Summit/Northern Radiator, works well, and cost just right. But the taurus fan is a great fan as well.
What modifications do you have to do to get the taurus fan to fit correctly?

SLEEPER
Old 08-17-2006, 04:33 PM
is doing your girlfriend

20" 95+ Crown Vic fan. Pulls less than 25 amps and moves a massive amount of air.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 08-17-2006, 05:35 PM
h9

what i do with fan is cut the factory mounting brackets on both sides.flip the fan up side down,cut two notchs in the bottom of fan housing so it will mount on the factory hangers on the radiator.as for the top you will have to make two small brackets to mount it to the top if the radiator.what i did is make two L brackets,drilled both ends of it and poprevet one end to the top of fan,and nut and bolt the other end to the radiator.i you use the stock radiator you will have to notch the middle of the fan so it clears the center bar on the radiator.also mount the fan as far over towards the battery as possibly so it clears the water pump pulley.i am running these combo on my 89 coupe with the stock rad 160degree theromstat,my car stays under a 150 with the a/c on.the car has alot of mods to it is not all stock.i will try to get picks to you soon.