Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Valve springs?

Old 05-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Ghillied up and ready.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve springs?

Narrowed my problem down to possible Valve Float problem. Dennis mentioned it might be a problem when my car was on the dyno but I tried to look into other areas first because I knew my Fuel Pump was weak and I was throwing a 511 code and found a chaffed wire on the computer. but I replaced the Pump and the wire but still having problem so I am looking into valve float being the problem. does anyone know a spring that I can use that wont require machining and can handle a factory cam with 1.72:1 Roller Rockers and GT-40 Heads. thinking 110lb seat pressure should be right(guessing) Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

"Congressmen who willfuly take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged".
President Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
stock :-\

i got the replacement crane valve train set for i think 120$ish? handles up to like .560 lift. more then enough for stock cam specs.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Ghillied up and ready.

any idea of part number?

"Congressmen who willfuly take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged".
Old 05-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Ghillied up and ready.

think the TFS setup requires machining of the heads.but will call them tomorrow.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Ghillied up and ready.

called jegs and they told me that there are no springs for 5.0L that dont require machining although I doubt it. they reccomended a set of crane springs that require machining. if I have to I will have it done but there's got to be some that dont.The heads I have are GT-40 Not P with factory springs so Valve float makes sense, just didnt think would happen with a factory cam and at the horsepower level that I'm at. but I guess it does happen.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Ghillied up and ready.

if so i'll buy them they come with everything if not will try the crane stock replacement.
didnt the cobra have 1.7 rockers and a .444 lift cam how did the springs keep the valves from floating in stock form? also side note Mars did you get any pics of my car?
green SN-95 with black cobra hood?(had accident lately)