Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Looking for a Notch I just raced on 275 leaving the track

Old 01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I need a helmet.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Notch I just raced on 275 leaving the track

Very nice notch on 275 that raced me (2001 silver Cobra) tonight coming home from the track event. The car was super clean and super fast.
Just wanted to let him know that was my first street race down here and it was great!!!
I'm curious to know more about the car.

All I can say is that I think it had 95 style cobra R's and had some silver in it. I assumed by the power it had and the gauges on the a-pillar meant that it was blown.

Anyone...?
'01 Silver Cobra #2709
Procharger P1SC w/10# pulley, 3 core IC, Bassani OR X, Steeda catback, 42# injectors, Lightning 80mm MAF, Tri-Ax, Fat Knob, Battery in da' trunk, JMS Tune 432rwhp / 390rwtq 12.54 @ 115 on street radials

SOLD 6-13-03
'98 Laser Red Cobra #634 of 5174
UPR Power Pipe, BBK off-road H, Flowmasters, 4.10 gears, battery relocated to da' trunk, rear seat delete, Cobra R 17x9 rims with Nitto 315's out back, shaved door locks, 13.35 @105
Old 01-08-2005, 10:22 PM
finally painted the car!

Sounds like Dave/Fordified...

Old 01-09-2005, 04:17 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally posted by Mars_302
Sounds more like jeffs? Daves is a hatch
+1 and he probably got beat down by Jeff. Was this the car??

Old 01-09-2005, 05:33 AM
I need a helmet.

Originally posted by FOXBODYPAT
+1 and he probably got beat down by Jeff. Was this the car??

OOOO! I think that was. And no I didn't get beat down.

It was a good run. Well, the second one was. I missed 4th on the first run :bbb:
He got the punch on the second one but I pulled him for just a second. I think his front bumper was on my rear bumper, maybe closer but we ran out 4th and that's how we stayed. I don't think I was pulling him or he was catching up. He was kinda in my blind spot so I couldn't tell.

Anyways, the guy seemed cool and was just looking for a good time.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 AM

Yeah, its was me - that was killer. The runs were good, but I think the cobra had me by a little. My car has been tempermental - it seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to whether or not its going to make full power.

On coastals dyno, I was 429/440. I see your #s in your sig - no wonder we were so close. I would say that last night I was still missing a little power, as I should have been able to pull a LITTLE, but you pulled me.

We were guessing that you had a pretty steep gear because on that last run, you were up by almost a car and when you shifted (Im thinking into 5th?), I came back up beside you (3.55 here, was still in 4th).

Anyways, killer run - most fun ive had in a while. Did you see that red 93 cobra that left the track about the same time as you? I beat up on him a little, but man that was a nice car.

Jeff

93 Coupe - check out my blog - http://www.93coupe.com
01 Cobra - Stockified - Wife Owned and operated
68 Coupe PROJECT <- Been in the family for 25 years!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:39 AM

Yeah, that was right - my nose was right at your rear tire until that last shift and then I inched up to your front tire, but never got in front

As for my setup, its basically stock with a t-trim and aftercooler @16lbs . I still have stock headers. The heads have never been off the car.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 AM
I need a helmet.

Originally posted by Stangonline
Yeah, its was me - that was killer. The runs were good, but I think the cobra had me by a little. My car has been tempermental - it seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to whether or not its going to make full power.

On coastals dyno, I was 429/440. I see your #s in your sig - no wonder we were so close. I would say that last night I was still missing a little power, as I should have been able to pull a LITTLE, but you pulled me.

We were guessing that you had a pretty steep gear because on that last run, you were up by almost a car and when you shifted (Im thinking into 5th?), I came back up beside you (3.55 here, was still in 4th).

Anyways, killer run - most fun ive had in a while. Did you see that red 93 cobra that left the track about the same time as you? I beat up on him a little, but man that was a nice car.

Jeff
That was a blast. When you SHOWED me you wanted to race by popping third real quick. I was like, "Damn that thing sounds good. Hmmmm- gauges, rims, exhaust... This could be good."
I still have the crap 3.27's in there I was shifting into 4th.
You would walk me out of the hole for sure. I have NO torque. Freaking 4 valves :bbb:
That's a super clean car you have and I want your rims!
I hope me meet at the track sometime later. I would like to line them up again.

That 93 was ubber clean. I only saw him run once and it was in the 15's. I don's think he knew how to drive.

Originally posted by Stangonline
Yeah, that was right - my nose was right at your rear tire until that last shift and then I inched up to your front tire, but never got in front

As for my setup, its basically stock with a t-trim and aftercooler @16lbs . I still have stock headers. The heads have never been off the car.
I'm going to get hurt if we line up. I think I changed my mind
Old 01-09-2005, 05:52 AM

Wow, you had to be making more power than me then. Your car must weight at least 500lbs more than mine and you still pulled me with 3.27s.

Great fun! Where do you live?

Old 01-09-2005, 06:00 AM

I was riding with Jeff, thats a sweet Cobra you got. We were looking for a races, and after we freight trained the 93 we were cruising along and Jeff was like damn theres another Cobra right in front of us, and I was like "ohh shit it's got a Procharger, this should be a good race". At frist we thought you were trying to avoid us the way you were manovering on the bridge, I told Jeff your girlfreind was probably telling you not to race us while she was in the car, obviously she's cool as shit, my wife won't let me race anyone with her in the car. You were definately pulling on us when you were in 3rd maybe because you had the extra gear mutiplication at that time because when you shifted into 4th we pulled back up on you a little. You guys are pretty close power wise. Both stock motors with blowers. Next time you can race my car too, it's got a completely stock motor only it has a turbo.

Briane

Car Pics

11.29 @ 126 mph 16 psi
16 lbs of boost 509 rwhp/626 rwtq
12 lbs of boost 433 rwhp/571 rwtq
********STOCK MOTOR*******