Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

maf?

Old 11-08-2004, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maf?

Ok i know some of you guys done the conversion for the foxbodys,now the wiring harness what doe sit look like i seensom eon ebay and it shows the wiring harness like the fuel injector plugs n other things as a complete harness is that it??or doe si tlook like osmething else?PLUS HOW HARD IS IT TO DO THAT CONVERSION BEFOR EI BUY THE STUFF??
Old 11-08-2004, 06:46 AM

Pro m sells it for 53.00 and 5 for shipping took about 30min to install

Originally Posted by Na306StAnG
I only date chicks with down syndrome this way I know from day one their fucking retarded.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:46 AM
"Now I only have two"

"complete kit" or "factory kit" is like you did not have injection to start with at all, the "jumper kit" solders or jumpers into your existing factory harness. The kit comes with instructions on how to. It will tell you what pins what wires, etc. after this you need the mass air meter and computer in order for it to work right. This needs to be done at the same time or it won't run. Start getting your pieces together and take a weekend and install. The mass air conversion opens up a lot of room for power upgrades specifically cams that the speed density (which is what you have) won't. Read up on the situation at places like here or websites that have white paper on the conversions and why it should be done.
You can get the "jumper harness" on ebay for around 35 to 40 bucks with instructions.
Again the complete harness is what I have along with the stock mass air meter and tube, all you would need after that is the computer to complete the setup and a weekend to install and run.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:11 PM

Yes you are correct I bought the mass air conversion kit from pro-m. When you call up tell them what year speed density harness you have and they will tell you where your #60 pin is located also will help while you actually install. like I said this took me 30 min there is a red,green,black, and blue wire and comes with connectors if neede. also autozone has the cheepest comp around that I found. 96.99 plus the core. I used a 4 cyl comp as core they didn't care. just my .02

I only date chicks with down syndrome this way I know from day one their fucking retarded.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:12 PM

Yes, you are correct I bought the mass air conversion kit from pro-m. When you call them up tell them what year speed density harness you have and they will tell you where your #60 pin is located. helps expedite the process alot faster. like I said this took me 30 min there is a red,green,black, and blue wire and comes with connectors if needed. also autozone has the cheepest comp around that I found. 96.99 plus the core. I used a 4 cyl comp as core they didn't care. just my .02

Old 11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
"Now I only have two"

mx-4U2nv did you get an A9L for 96.99 at Autozone? Thats a good price. If not what computer did you get......
Old 11-08-2004, 02:43 PM

yes I got a 91 5spd hardtop a9l from discount they want 120 i told them autozone had it for 96.99 they called up and priced matched for me they are the only ones that seem to carry these comps autozone is out and can't order any. hope that helps!

Old 11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
The little 5.0 that could

If your going with an aftermarket maf go with a pro-m, no c&l.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:29 PM

now my speed dinsety is automatic would a 5 speed comp work??ok well the harness damn those are good prices,well the mass air i was thinkin gon goin to the junk yar dand try to find one.lastnight i wa son ebay and this company is selling a mass air i for go thow much but it said the years and cars it fits like some 3.8 motors,ect ect,can i pull one out of a lincoln crown vict??and fit in mine,by the way dependind of th eyea rof the mass air does the comp have to be the same year as well??sorry for all the questions i jsut dont wanna mess up doing this plus dont have ot much to spend on friday i wanna do it tis wekend