Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Took the Ranger for its first cruise!

Old 08-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Going Nowhere Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Took the Ranger for its first cruise!

well we got it all buttoned up and runnin. still a little oddness, but we think the computer just has to relearn itself since its been unplugged for 9 months. anyways i washed it and vacuumed it all up nice, and its lookin good! so me and mom decided to go out for a cruise around town to give the computer a chance to learn a bit, and to see how it does out on the open road. we went out to the interstate and promptly found the speed governor damn thing limits me to 75 though! hah. the t-bird apparently had pretty high gears. oh well, i can live with it till i get the new 3.73LS 8.8 in there and have the speedo recalibrated. we got off the interstate and cruised down the blvd, all the way though town. i didnt see one ricer to rev at but i saw about 5 cops (and it was only 8PM!) so i behaved myself, heh. theres no more of that dang black smoke, and it drives very nicely. i left it home this week so mom can get it aligned and put the new wheels on it today, and maybe have the tranny tweeked a little bit, and also for her to drive it around and see how it behaves over the week. all in all im very happy! heres the newest pics!

Old 08-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Shake n' Bake

whats it got done?

Old 08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Going Nowhere Fast

Road Rage, you didnt look at my sig did you, haha. i put in a 5.0 HO...theres tons and tons of pics scattered across 5 pages on my cardomain website if anyone would like to take a gander. www.cardomain.com/id/gaelicvyk