Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

15 grand in parts runnin 15's!

Old 07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 grand in parts runnin 15's!

I stopped in to see Chad at Blue Oval today just to browse around.
I noticed before I walked in that there was a green 4.6 mod outside for sale.
Well turns out they bought it from a dealership which got it from this one guy who built it all wrong....
He put a paxton on it with 10.5 compression ratio , WTF?!
the injectors were done up reallly nasty just to keep up and do double the work because it had so much air on the wrong compression and shit.
So Chad tells me they spent 15 grand in it and it still only ran 15's hahahaa and it pinged like a bitch at 2grand....
tell me thats not a dumbass moron trying to build a stang...

Last edited by Goopster1; 07-29-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Driver

So how much did they want for it?
Old 07-29-2003, 02:58 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by StuntMan
So how much did they want for it?
o yea, forgot to mention that.
Blue Oval will be taking it apart and putting some nice new 8.1 compression ratio pistons in,lol something worthy of the time.
And redoing alot of the car,I believe it has a Diablo chip 2 cause the ECU was on the ground in the car and it had Diablo sport chip stickers on it.
but not for sale just yet
Old 07-30-2003, 10:03 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Yea I know what ure saying and I would never buy anything from there either.
Their shop is a heap of junk from various cars.
It looks like everything was stolen and pieced then sold there.
I dont know why people go there and support their business if all they do is make shit worse on cars they fix and what not.
Stupid people goin there I guess..
Old 07-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Pull Over

10.5 to 1 and a blower is not uncommon. Maybe the guy built it as a motor car and then put the blower on it. Wouldn't be a huge deal with an intercooler and less than 8 lbs though (and it would have great throttle response).

93 Cobra, R302 331,canfields,T-76,TKO......sold
87 Coupe, 466, Edelbrock heads,Vic jr,150 shot 10.41@129.5...sold

2006 Honda 450ER .....new toy

Do you own a Torch Red FRC and tremble every time you drive under I75 on Hwy 60 and look in your rearview mirror? If so you are suffering from what is known as Cobraphobia.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:43 PM

I know the car and the person who owned the car and to set the record straight he paid a mustang shop in Tampa to get it built and they told him that they used flat top pistons instead of dish after months of problems with the car, so that's why it has so much compression.

So I guess the moron is the shop.

Now he owns 03 Cobra.

Carlos
Old 07-30-2003, 01:31 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by scroush
I know the car and the person who owned the car and to set the record straight he paid a mustang shop in Tampa to get it built and they told him that they used flat top pistons instead of dish after months of problems with the car, so that's why it has so much compression.

So I guess the moron is the shop.

Now he owns 03 Cobra.

Carlos
ahh ok, set straight then.
I was told by Chad at Blue Oval, which does not have the best record of craftsmanship as you know.
So maybe he lied to me like Scott said or the guy told Chad that he built it or something.
I just told it how I heard it.
Hope this clears things up
Chris
Old 07-30-2003, 01:34 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by race495
10.5 to 1 and a blower is not uncommon. Maybe the guy built it as a motor car and then put the blower on it. Wouldn't be a huge deal with an intercooler and less than 8 lbs though (and it would have great throttle response).
how is 10.5:1 not uncommon?
I didn't think u could efficiently run those compression numbers like that without detonation and shit.
I thought u could only run around 8:1 with boost.
fill me in with knowledge as I appear to lack it here..
and are u gonna be running that killer denatured Cobra at trackday? I'd love to see it run
Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Pull Over

Originally posted by Goopster1
how is 10.5:1 not uncommon?
I didn't think u could efficiently run those compression numbers like that without detonation and shit.
I thought u could only run around 8:1 with boost.
fill me in with knowledge as I appear to lack it here..
and are u gonna be running that killer denatured Cobra at trackday? I'd love to see it run

Well just look to the LS1 guys that run boost. I believe the Camaro version is around 10.15 to 1 and the Vette is 10.35 to 1.

I have a buddy who has a 2000 Vette with the P1SC (intercooled) and has no problems at 7 psi. Puts down around 460-480 depending on the Dyno. All else is STOCK. No detonation, etc...

And on the race front, talk with the renegade guys one day, several of them run that kind of compression because they are limited by the 8 rib belts. It is all about cylinder pressure.

Notice I mentioned intercooled boost and a low amount at that, Like I said above it is all about cylinder pressure (well not all, but a big part is). Whether you attain that pressure by running 10.5 to1 and 8 psi or 8.5 to 1 and 18 psi you are building cylinder pressure. Make sense yet? Now, 93 octane gas will only withstand so much cylinder pressure whether it be from static compression or from a power adder. This is where the compression and blower myth comes in. Some were trying to run 10.5 to 1 and 15 psi on pump gas and BOOM, problems. Run that same combo on 110 race gas and the results can be very nice.

**** I am by no means an expert on this or any other automotive topic (or it would be my living) *********

As far as the track day, I would have loved to come but unfortunately I hear there will be some bad guys out that night and as I have already taken some time off lately I will have to work. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

93 Cobra, R302 331,canfields,T-76,TKO......sold
87 Coupe, 466, Edelbrock heads,Vic jr,150 shot 10.41@129.5...sold

2006 Honda 450ER .....new toy

Do you own a Torch Red FRC and tremble every time you drive under I75 on Hwy 60 and look in your rearview mirror? If so you are suffering from what is known as Cobraphobia.